Supervisor of Finance
Company: Frontier Technology Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
FTI is seeking an experienced individual to support its Financial
Business Operations Management function in our Dayton OH/Chesapeake
VA location. The successful candidate will report to the Finance
Director with assigned duties and responsibilities to include
financial business operations management, financial & variance
analysis, cost control processes, billing, month-end closing, and
other duties. This person will also supervise a small team. The
successful candidate will work closely with Business Unit Leads &
Program Managers to maintain financial reporting of all
* Must be able to apply knowledge of financial management,
processes, and analytical methods and techniques to gather,
analyze, evaluate and present information required by program or
project managers and customers.
* Manage a team of financial and business analysts
* Monitor expenditures; analyze variances, and perform trend
analysis including predicting future financial trends
* Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice
how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
* Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables,
account receivables, expenses etc.
* Ability to present complex analysis with clarity.
* Ability to understand financial processes related to the
* Ability to work with minimal oversight.
* Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets and assist Finance
Director & CFO in developing strategies that work to minimize
* Assist Project Directors and Project Managers in projecting
future requirements, planning staffing requirements.
* Analyze actuals, historical data, learning curves and other
project cost data. Provides status of financial condition by
collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
* Assists with Business Unit projections and forecasts for revenue,
earnings, and profitability
* Maintain good internal controls and policies based on contract
requirements, accounting/financial standards with regards to
* Assist Finance Director to identify process improvement
opportunities and implementation, including, but not limited to,
program-level budget development/analysis, resource allocation,
automation of corporate financial reporting, etc.
* Work closely with cross functional teams and departments to
develop close working relationships that foster the sharing of best
practices to maintain governance/compliance
* Bachelor s degree from accredited college or university in
* 5-10 years of progressive finance/accounting experience,
preferably with a mid to large company that has gone through
* 2 year of Finance Supervisor/Lead experience
* Minimum of 5 year of experience in the DoD/Government Corporate
sector supporting corporate finances with P&L responsibility in
dynamic forecasting environments and FAR/DFAR compliance
* Successful experience working with operations to improve
performance, margins, costs
* Experience in the Government sector with P&L responsibility
in dynamic forecasting environments and FAR/DFAR compliance
* Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly
including advanced Excel functions; experience with financial
modeling using Excel models.
* Ability to obtain clearance.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good oral and written communication..
FTI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender identity, protected Veteran status or any other
factor protected by law.
Keywords: Frontier Technology Inc., Chesapeake , Supervisor of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!