Sr. Accounting Clerk
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering Marine Services Division (MSD) has over 30 years of
experience providing full-service submarine and surface ship
repairs supporting maintenance and alterations aboard commercial
and U.S. military vessels. We are SUBSAFE and DDS-SOC certified and
perform high-consequence maintenance on assets that operate in
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Accounting Clerk works directly for the Accounting Manager
under minimal to no supervision and may perform as a lead for the
accounting department. Provide oversight for the preparation and
processing of accounts payable invoices, journal entries, accounts
receivable, balance sheet reconciliations, inventory/cycle counts
and other accounting related tasks. Individual will perform various
routine accounting functions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis,
provide audit support. Individual may be required to aid with
audits or annual reporting requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scan and file accounting documents in accordance with record
- Audit and process expense reports.
- Update employee expense user profiles. Work with corporate
treasury on Wells Fargo expense report issues.
- Reconcile employee receivables accounts.
- Prepare and process account payable invoices and purchase order
- Perform weekly Time & Labor Administrator responsibilities (all
- Prepare / Record / Audit journal entries.
- Accounts Receivable (collection calls, invoice entry, AR
- Practice effective communication to confer with other personnel
to explain information, take requests/queries, and address
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Inventory Reporting & Cycle Counts.
- Responsible for various Balance Sheet Account
- Understand and manage the Match Exception and RNV
reports/account reconciliations (all aspects).
- Ability to identify issues, manage risks, problem solve and
- Understand and comply with accounting policies and procedures
(SOX, Gov't Business Systems, corporate and local
- System testing for software updates.
- Provide overall department support as needed.
- Manage elevated AP issues.
- High school diploma or an equivalent high school education
qualification such as a GED.
- Minimum of four years of experience working in accounting.
- Understanding of and adherence to professional office
- Familiarity with fundamental accounting procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enabling
successful interaction with all levels within the company.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor small teams of accounting
personnel, facilitate department meetings, and deescalate vendor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and accounting
software (Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft is a plus).
- Proficiency as an advanced level user of Microsoft Excel,
particularly adept with pivot tables.
- U.S. citizenship is a requirement, and the applicant should not
hold dual citizenship with any other country.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Proficient in collaborating within a team environment,
demonstrating attentiveness to ideas, recognizing responsibilities,
and active participation with others to accomplish assignments and
achieve desired goals.
- Demonstrates behaviors that align with Oceaneering's core
- Proficiency in understanding departmental policies, rules,
regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure,
culture, philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and apply policies, rules, regulations,
and operating principles effectively.
- Aligns work with business goals, vision, values, etc.
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining project
- Utilizes feedback and reflection to develop personal strengths
and address areas for professional development.
- Demonstrates the ability to take initiative towards task
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Chesapeake , Sr. Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!