Afternoon Closing Teacher
Company: Primrose School of Cahoon Commons
Posted on: January 16, 2022
FT, Mon-Fri, Flexible between 6am-6pm, PTO, Paid Holidays,
Health & Dental Benefits, Sick Leave, YMCA membership, Retirement
plan, and Year-around employment.
Must be available to work from 2-6pm minimum, but ideal candidates
would work 12:30 to 6PM.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory
- Ability to relate positively with young children.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position with a public
or private schoolsystem, a quality preschool, child care center or
church nursery is preferred.
- Knowledge as a parent or in previous work experience of the
social, emotionaland creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the
handling of children forthe facilitation of programs, child safety,
and potential emergency situations.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class
functions of a class ofchildren.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson
plans and dailyclassroom schedule using the Primrose School
curriculum outlines and materials.
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages
creativity,exploration and decision-making by the children.
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides
the parents with anoverview of the material taught in class.
- Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while
providing clearand consistent expectations for the children's
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary
housekeeping duties ofthe classroom, common use areas and
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom
- Maintains the Primrose Schools professional attitude and work
- Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school
functions asdetermined by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of Primrose Schools and the
local, state ornational regulatory agencies pertaining to the
health, safety and care of
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to
the guidelinesoffered in the training manual.
- Must meet all Primrose Schools and local, state or national
basic healthrequirements as well as other requirements.
- First Aid training, as required.
- Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll
- In states where required, personnel will have a fingerprinting
and/or criminalinvestigation report completed.
Reports directly to the Director
Please go online to our website, download and complete a copy of
our company application.
Keywords: Primrose School of Cahoon Commons, Chesapeake , Afternoon Closing Teacher, Education / Teaching , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!