Company: Plasser American Corp
Posted on: January 15, 2021
General Scope: Working closely with the engineering, production,
planning and cost accounting teams to establish and maintain
accurate production routings and process information in accordance
with current operational parameters. Identifying areas for
operational improvement, designing processes and procedures, as
well as ensuring cost-efficiency and conformance in operational
- Develop, update and maintain the engineered work labor
standards utilizing traditional time study methodology,
pre-determined standard time analysis or actual time analysis.
- Responsible for the development of manufacturing methods to
produce products in an efficient manner.
- Establish routings for new products and maintain existing
routings in accordance with approved operational techniques.
- Leads and or participates in the review process on products
with manufacturing cost over runs including bill of material,
availability or proper tooling/fixturing, machine
- Reviews routings, inspection procedures, bills of material,
packaging, and prints for consistency, compliance with current
manufacturing practices, and possible errors
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space
requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Design and recommend layouts and product flows in the
- Conducts analysis and provide recommendations aimed at
improving utilization of space and equipment
- Project ownership including project initiation, pre-project
planning and project engineering with appropriate analysis in
alignment with corporate strategies.
- Create and update documentation for manufacturing standards of
- Generate detailed plant layout drawings.
- Perform and summarize work sampling studies and time studies to
establish requirements for direct and indirect labor.
- Defines productivity improvement strategies and executes
- Conduct manufacturing/industrial engineering assignments to
develop new methods, tooling and machine concepts, cost estimates,
and/or to resolve engineering problems involved in manufacturing of
components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies. Supervisory
Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Engineering degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial
Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering Technology, Operations Management or equivalent
experience.Knowledge: Incumbent must have proficient knowledge in
the following areas:
- 0-1 year experience.
- Technical mindset with the willingness to learn industrial
engineering toolsincluding time study, material flow, and
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles and practices.
- General knowledge of LEAN manufacturing practices
- Working understanding of ERP/MRP applications and
execution.Skills: Incumbent must demonstrate or participate in
internal/external training programs to obtain the following skills:
- Motivated and self-starter with the ability to work under
- Working knowledge of the metric system and geometric
dimensioning and tolerance.
- Ability to write work instructions that conform to prescribed
style and format.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, drawings,
common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as Calculus and
- Conceptualization, development, and implementation of work
cell/ plant layout,
- LEAN manufacturing concepts
- Facilities and construction management Applicable Technical
Competencies: Incumbent must have working knowledge and
demonstrated abilities utilizing mechanical knowledge: Specific
applications combined with knowledge competencies are as follows:
Rating Level: 1-5 (1= minimum 5= Maximum) Application Required
Level of proficiency Preferred Level of proficiency Autodesk Vault
Professional 2015 1 3 Inventor Professional 2015 1 3 AutoCAD 2015 1
3 Microsoft Outlook 2 3 Microsoft Excel 3 4 Microsoft WordERP / MRP
Keywords: Plasser American Corp, Chesapeake , Industrial Engineer, Engineering , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!