Company: Open Systems Technologies
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team in
Chesapeake, VA.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ongoing design and deployment of solutions to support
client's enterprise networks. This includes store, distribution
center, regional operating office, corporate facilities as well as
remote access VPNs.
- Interface and coordinate with third party vendors that provide
- Develop and support initiatives to promote stability and
reliability of network solutions to support a high volume, high
- Manage the policies and procedures to ensure all network
infrastructure equipment are operating at the appropriate software
levels to include drivers, patches, service packs, release
- Maintain accurate network diagramming and documentation of
- Work closely with other Information Technology teams and
business partners to ensure that network solutions are available to
support IT and business initiatives.
- Perform project and non-project related tasks and activities to
support the department's goals and objectives.
- Prepare and manage capital and expense budgets for network
- Perform project management duties as required.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in current and emerging
- Research and evaluate industry developments and trends.
- Perform software and hardware evaluations to assure documented
requirements are met and department standards are followed.Key
areas of responsibility:
- Networks that support operations of all enterprise wired and
wireless networks and VoIP solutions.
- Secure communications to third party service providers such as
payment processors, SAAS/IAAS, and trading partners.
- Computer - telephone integration solutions for contact
- Headquarters telecommunications solutions including audio and
- Network instrumentation, reporting and failure analysis.
- Lead technical design projects to support business requirement
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering or Information Systems
- 7 years of experience in enterprise network design and systems
- Firsthand experience managing multi-site, multi solution
networks. Experience managing 100 or more individual locations
- Experience with broadband, MPLS, cellular, VPN, cloud
integration, Internet redundancy, WAN acceleration, load balancing,
VoIP, Wifi, enterprise firewalls, headquarters telecommunications
systems (Avaya, Cisco. Polycom).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding and interest in continuous process
- Independent and proactive management style.
- Ability to work on many concurrent priorities.
- Action oriented and able to manage and meet aggressive
timelines and deadlines.
- Strong track record of delivering initiatives on time and on
- Experience working in high square footage, high user count
- Experience developing and maintaining modern NAC environments
servicing guest and employee wifi and mobile connectivity.
- Experience developing and maintaining audio and video
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise routing and
switching protocols to include BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP,TP, VPC and
- Experience developing and maintaining global and server load
balancing systems with the F5 product line.
- Experience developing and maintaining multi-site Riverbed
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor agreements. Large
vendor experience preferred.
- Experience developing network management and monitoring
- Current network and / or security certifications.
- Familiarity with ITIL and IT service management concepts.
ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Critical incident management and response experience
- Demonstrated track record of improving stability and reducing
- Experience creating, maintaining and optimizing Standard
Operating Procedures. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Open Systems Technologies, Chesapeake , Network Engineer, Engineering , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!