Network Engineer - F5
Company: Dollar Tree Stores
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Network Engineer position is responsible for the design,
implementation and support of the data network infrastructure used
to support Dollar Tree and Family Dollar banner facilities. In
addition to other knowledge and experience, preference will be
given to candidates that have knowledge and demonstrative
experience with F5 technologies. This position will report to the
Network Architecture LAN/WAN Manager. Key areas of responsibility:o
Enterprise F5 LTM/APM infrastructure.o Networks that support
operations of all enterprise wired and wireless networks.o Network
instrumentation, reporting and failure analysiso Lead technical
design projects to support business requirement effortsPrincipal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and maintain the Dollar Tree F5 LTM/APM
infrastructure to support load balancing and SSO applications.
- Perform ongoing design and deployment of solutions to support
Dollar Tree and Family Dollar enterprise networks. This includes
store, distribution center, regional operating office and corporate
- Interface and coordinate with third party vendors that provide
- Develop and support initiatives to promote stability and
reliability of network solutions to support a high volume, high
- Manage the policies and procedures to ensure all network
infrastructure equipment are operating at the appropriate software
levels to include drivers, patches, service packs, release
- Maintain accurate network diagramming and documentation of
- Work closely with other Information Technology teams and
business partners to ensure that network solutions are available to
support IT and business initiatives.
- Perform project and non-project related tasks and activities to
support the department's goals and objectives.
- Prepare and manage capital and expense budgets for network
- Perform project management duties as required.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in current and emerging
- Research and evaluate industry developments and trends.
- Perform software and hardware evaluations to assure documented
requirements are met and department standards are followed.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering or Information Systems
- 5 years of experience in enterprise network design and systems
- Extensive experience with F5 LTM/APM applications. Must have
experience developing and supporting complex F5 APM SSO
- Firsthand experience working in a multi-site, multi solution
- Working knowledge of MPLS, VPN, cloud integration, WAN
acceleration, VoIP, Wifi, and firewalls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and interest in continuous process
- Independent and proactive management style
- Ability to work on many concurrent priorities
- Action oriented and able to manage and meet aggressive
timelines and deadlines.
- Strong track record of delivering initiatives on time and on
- Experience working in high square footage, high user count
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise routing and
switching protocols to include BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, TP, VPC and
- Experience maintaining multi-site Riverbed Steelhead
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor agreements. Large
vendor experience preferred.
- Experience developing network management and monitoring
- Current network and / or security certifications.
- Familiarity with ITIL and IT service management concepts.
ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Critical incident management and response experience
- Demonstrated track record of improving stability and reducing
- Experience creating, maintaining and optimizing Standard
Operating ProceduresThis is not to be considered a complete list of
job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed
Keywords: Dollar Tree Stores, Chesapeake , Network Engineer - F5, Engineering , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!