Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in
providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval
Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep
submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in
Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety
(SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification
(DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair,
maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and
electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, thenclick Marine Services Division (MSD).
The Engineer II applies a working knowledge of engineering
fundamentals to the division's engineering and design activities
under the direction of a Project Engineer or Design Engineering
Manager. The Engineer II will also be required to interact with
other company personnel including those in QA, Manufacturing,
Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, as necessary to provide
engineering support to manufacturing, integration, and test
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs moderately difficult engineering tasks and
conventional design that may be varied in nature.
- Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation,
originality and ingenuity are expected.
- Writes/reviews Engineering Change documents (CRs, LARs, DFSs)
related to project.
- Develops/reviews Engineering calculation packages and
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Ocean
or Nuclear) or Naval Architecture from accredited college or
- Minimum of two years practical experience in Engineering, work
experience with the US Department of Defense projects is
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong technical writing skills are preferred.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as SolidWorks is
- Proficiency using FEA software such as ANSYS or SolidWorks
Simulation is preferred.
- Required: Demonstrated knowledge through successful performance
on the next lower engineering level.
- Required: Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of the
principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of
specialization and understanding of related engineering
- Preferred: Understands collection, analysis, interpretation,
and application of typical engineering project performance
- Preferred: Demonstrated knowledge of military, and commercial,
construction and material specifications applicable to Submarine or
Deep Submergence System work.
- Preferred: Demonstrated knowledge of SUBAFE or SOC
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in
a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Security
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Chesapeake , Engineer II, Engineering , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!