Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering Marine Services Division (MSD) has over 30 years of
experience providing full-service submarine and surface ship
repairs supporting maintenance and alterations aboard commercial
and U.S. military vessels. We are SUBSAFE and DDS-SOC certified and
perform high-consequence maintenance on assets that operate in
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries .
Provides advanced technical expertise and analytical support in the
resolution to Condition Reports (CR) that are generated as a result
of modifications to the Statement of Work (SOW), Technical Work
Documents (TWD) or as found conditions in the performance of work.
Prepares technical reports/instructions to support contracts;
resolves conflicts and/or determine testing requirements for
certification of production work performed for contracts. Provides
accurate, timely response to CRs submitted by various activities.
Provides resolution for technical issues concerning maintenance,
assists in preparation of any additional documentation required,
i.e., LARs, DFSs, etc. Prepares sketches and/or drawings to support
resolutions of CRs when required or by a contract.
Expectations of this function are:
- Self-motivated, focused individual with strong attention to
detail and high ethical standards.
- Performs advanced engineering tasks and conventional design
that may be varied in nature.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, and SUBSAFE
- Ability to work as lead a team of technical personnel and
support multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule)
and exercise good judgment.
- Good technical judgment and independent evaluation, originality
and ingenuity are expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop technical reports/instructions through review of
applicable drawings and references, to include all available TVD,
LARs, CRs and pending revision information.
- Develop engineering sketches or drawings in support of
- Produce DFSs for submission to NAVSEA.
- Prepare LARs for submittal to the applicable Planning
- Provide support in the determination of technical accuracy and
evaluation of requests for drawing requirement
clarification/drawing revision to onsite production personnel.
- Interface with Purchasing Department, Technical Staff, and
vendors as required to develop Job Material Lists as a result of
- Read, understand, and interpret blueprints, drawings,
schematics, and specifications of testing requirements for all
- Provide recommended resolution to conditions reported on
Condition Reports. Resolution will include all associated research,
identified discrepancies, corrective course of action and
applicable Technical Authority concurrence when required.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to the Waterfront
- Effectively communicates with personnel at a management level
and outside the company.
- Attend project meetings to provide input as necessary.
- B.S. in engineering discipline preferred; High School/GED
- 8 years of experience in military, government, defense
industry, or private industry in progressively more complex
scientific, technical, analytical, or other related areas, with at
least 5 years of experience in relevant ship repair or Submarine
Systems may be substituted for degree. Experience involving
shipboard piping systems, ship and submarine structure, and/or
weapons delivery systems is desired.
- Working knowledge of the following: Scope of Certification
(SOC), DDS Specifications, SUBSAFE, Material Control (SOC, , L1);
JFMM Requirements for Deviations, Waivers, LARs, etc.; shipboard
HM&E systems (repair/installation practices, procedures,
alignments, troubleshooting, etc.), blue prints, MILSPEC, Mil-Std,
- Familiarity with various COTS (Commercial off the Shelf)
software, as well as US Navy software (ATIS, SVTMs, PMS, SCLSIS, PC
- Ability to obtain a US DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25-30%.
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
and PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background knowledge in government and commercial contract
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
issued by the U.S. DoD.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The shipyard/base/manufacturing work environment; the site may
contain mobility barriers with uneven ground level and obstructed
pathways. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site
will be indoor/outdoor climate with various temperatures and noise
levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, and etc.
Employee may be required to do the following: ability to access and
work in confined spaces, reaching in all directions, handling and
manipulating objects and materials; coordinating the movement of
eyes, hands and fingers to operate machines and equipment; lifting
50 lbs from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying
objects, etc.; ascending/descending inclined ships gangways;
climbing ladders, standing; crawling, squatting, bending, sitting;
walking; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without
correction; following set procedures and standards; applying basic
mathematical skills; following oral and/or written directions;
reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards.
Protective equipment will be required to be worn at all times. This
is Medium work.
(Exerting up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to
25 pounds of work frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in
excess of those for Light Work).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Chesapeake , Waterfront Engineer, Engineering , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!