Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in
providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval
Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep
submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in
Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety
(SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification
(DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair,
maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and
electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, thenclick Marine Services Division (MSD).
Working under limited supervision, the Engineer III applies a
working knowledge of advanced engineering analysis techniques as
well as engineering fundamentals to the division's mechanical and
structural engineering and design activities under the direction of
a Project Engineer or Project Manager. The Engineer III will be
responsible for the analysis of systems for a variety of government
agencies (i.e. NAVSEA, NASA, SOCOM) and commercial customers. The
Engineer III is expected to interact with other company personnel
including those in QA, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Shipping and
Receiving, as necessary to provide engineering support to
manufacturing, integration, and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs difficult engineering analysis tasks, with little to
no supervision that may include a variety of complex features,
conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements,
and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Performs classical and FEA analyses of SUBSEA, submarine,
surface ship and space systems to ensure structural/mechanical
integrity including but not limited to static, dynamic, fatigue,
fracture and buckling.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent
evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to complex
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult
- Oversees smaller engineering projects.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by
self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and
- Develops/reviews engineering designs, drawings and calculation
- Provides support to bid & proposal efforts including technical
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Structural,
Aerospace, Ocean or Nuclear) or Naval Architecture from accredited
college or university.
- Minimum of five years practical experience in Engineering; work
experience with the U.S. Department of Defense projects is
- Experience with commercial analysis software packages is
preferred; proficiency using ANSYS Workbench Enterprise Suite or
Solidworks Simulation is desired.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks and
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong, demonstrated technical writing skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective use of the principles,
practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization
and understanding of related engineering fields.
- Understands collection, analysis, interpretation, and
application of typical engineering project performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of military, and commercial,
construction and material specifications applicable to Submarine or
Deep Submergence System work is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Navy SUBAFE or DSS-SOC
requirements is preferred.
- Submarine System design knowledge is desired.
- OTHER PRE-REQUISTES:
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in
a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Security
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Chesapeake , Engineer III, Engineering , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!