Director, Claims Operations (Auto Non-Injury)
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director,
Claims Operations - Auto Non-Injury for our Chesapeake office.
Internal candidates that are currently W@H are welcome to apply but
if selected would be required to work in the Chesapeake office.
Responsible for the adjustment of auto, property, and physical
damage claims and/or the management of catastrophe operations and
the results achieved. Oversees and coordinates activities of claims
through subordinate management. Responsible for implementation of
claims initiatives and achievement of assigned goals and
objectives. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.Job
- Directs auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or
catastrophe operational activities through subordinate
- Responsible for achievement of assigned goals and
- Plans, organizes, and controls the resources to deliver the
appropriate claims service.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and
the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Provides guidance on technical matters, monitors claims
reserves and extends settlement authority.
- Responsible for service, loss control, and loss adjustment
- Identifies trends and develops action plans as
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, coaching,
mentoring, counseling, performance evaluation and all management
related functions while building future capability and developing
next generation leaders.
- Understands, researches, and works to influence the financial
impact for their respective business area.
- Inspires a high performance team that works to deliver
beautiful experiences to the members and achieve exceptional
- Bachelor's Degree -OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years of applicable P&C claims experience OR 6
years P&C experience with 3 or more years P&C staff,
process, or manager experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 2
or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience with
Master's Degree or CPCU designation.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Requirements
- 3 or more years of Claims Manager Operations experience
- 1 or more years of experience leading virtual teams
- Experience leading large scale projects or initiativesThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/17/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Chesapeake , Director, Claims Operations (Auto Non-Injury), Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!