Product Management Senior - Small Business/Commerical Insurance
Posted on: November 13, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Product
Management Senior - Small Business/Commercial Insurance (100%
Remote Available) for one of the following locations: San Antonio
Home Office I, Tampa Campus, Tampa Crosstown, Phoenix Campus.
Colorado Springs Campus or Chesapeake.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products.
Responsible for delivering regular status reports regarding various
aspects of the product. Partners with resources to gather and
synthesize information used to refine and expand product features.
Collaborates with the Product Management Support team and other
internal resources to create and disseminate information regarding
changes and updates to product features.Job RequirementsUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory
Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We
embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.
This is a great opportunity within USAA to identify and explore new
product ideas to support business growth. You will be part of a
dynamic and effective team to operationalize the Small Business
Insurance initiative with our entry into the commercial insurance
- Leverages resources to gather analytics, competitive
intelligence, and member information to support formulation of
- Develops ideas for and provides work direction to Product
Management support team for the development of training/collateral
documents for use by Member Contact teams to effectively present
products and services to members.
- Participates in the development of product strategy
- Participates in the recommendations to launch new products and
the evaluation and decision to buy/build or partner.
- Acts as product SME for Member Contact representatives on the
features and services.
- Guides Member Contact teams on how to effectively use sales
guides and provides education on products and services, including
new offerings and enhancements to existing features.
- Provides responses to member inquiries elevated by Member
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential
providers for alliance relationships.
- Supports the Product Management Director to write and
distribute press briefings.
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes for
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control
partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to
ensure product offerings are designed, implemented, and managed in
compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline. 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 6 or more years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Operations.
- 2 or more years direct product management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office
- Advanced experience in creating product briefings.
- 2+ years of recent Commercial Insurance experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through Agile team
leadership, product ownership, process engineering, or similar
- Quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Manages broad functional and Enterprise projects and/or
participates as a SME project resource on larger initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates significant
improvements to processes and systems.
- Performs complex tasks under minimal supervision and has
discretion to deviate from established procedures and
- Demonstrated accountability delivering member, product, and
- Experience analyzing and understanding data to answer business
questions and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading large cross functional
efforts and teams without direct authority while deploying strong
- Knowledgeable in analyzing financial results, profitability,
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, planning, and analysis
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Chesapeake , Product Management Senior - Small Business/Commerical Insurance, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!