Senior Director of Operations
Company: The Everest Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Director of Operations
Our client Performance Team, a $1.2B division of Maersk, is a
progressive growth oriented National Third Party Dedicated
Logistics provider. With an extensive prestigious list of mass
retail, apparel, e-commerce and CPG Fortune 50, 100 and 500
companies. Performance Team/ Maersk has established an aggressive
strategic plan to continue to capture additional market share.
Manages multiple large scale operations and all activities related
to operations and development of company products by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Summary: This position is highly visible and plays an integral role
on our operations team. Directs and oversees operational policies,
objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for developing,
implementing, maintaining and improving the operational functions
of the Distribution facility while maintaining effective and
efficient service to customers with a focus on quality,
productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations.
Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and
procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains logistics operations business plans to
include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production
costs, and image.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops
budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types,
quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products
- Provides guidance to the development of a logistics process
plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract
requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery
commitments are met.
- Coordinates logistics activities with all other functions of
the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and
utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the
resolution of operational, logistics, and maintenance problems to
ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff
positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Distribution focus: oversight of shipping/receiving,
picking/packing, cross dock and inventory
- Experienced in rapid carton throughput import
- Store delivery focus: unloading, sorting, segregating,
palletizing, load out, on-time delivery
- Domestic pickup and delivery functions
- Leverages continuous improvement methods to enhance labor
productivity and process accuracy while maintaining a clean and
safe work environment
- Performs managerial functions, such as, mentoring, coaching,
administering performance reviews, conducting disciplinary actions,
and interviewing employment candidates
- Engage with staff to develop talent and encourage leadership
growth amongst employees
- Drive a high-performance culture characterized by an empowered,
highly engaged team
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and
comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures,
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Supervises up to 6 direct reports with 300 indirect reports.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree plus 7 years of experience in a fast paced
warehousing environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing growing warehousing
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers
or lines of business helpful.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to improve
business operations and results.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators
throughout operations and holding management and employees
accountable for performance metrics.
- Solid financial, analytical and P&L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation
management systems (WMS/TMS).
- Experience working with remote headquarters and functional
resources, ability to build effective relationships, solve
problems, and get things done.
- Experience creating a high-trust, high-performance, team
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.
Keywords: The Everest Group, Chesapeake , Senior Director of Operations, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!