Project Manager II (Manufacturing)
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in
providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval
Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep
submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in
Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety
(SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification
(DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair,
maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and
electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, thenclick Marine Services Division (MSD).
The Project Manager-Manufacturing reports to the Program
Manager-Manufacturing, assisting with the day-to-day management of
the fabrication shop in a job shop environment, mentoring project
managers, assisting with estimates, proposals, quotes and any other
reports or documents required. The above list is not all-inclusive
and other tasks will be assigned dependent on shop and program
Duties & Responsibilities
Expectations of this function are:
- Preparation of bids and quotes for delivery orders, purchase
orders and contracts.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of proposals,
reviewing technical content, personnel requirements, management
plans and execution costs. Monitor assigned projects/contracts at
job sites and ensure the customer is satisfied. Onsite management
may be required depending on the project.
- Work closely with the respective department managers to monitor
the task performance and efficient utilization of man-hours and
- Maintain personal contact with key personnel (military and
civilian), companies and organizations which may utilize company
services or may be candidates for teaming proposals on a specific
- Develop personal rapport with each contact, which will enhance
the possibility of repeat business. Perform as the company
representative for meetings with project/contract customers (e.g.,
NAVSEA, TYCOMs, Squadrons, Shipyards, etc.) to discuss changes in
scope of performance or requirements, schedule conflicts,
production delays, cost issues, etc.
- Evaluate Metrics related to project cost, quality and schedule.
Determine Corrective actions required.Evaluate ISO 9000:2001
metrics, establishing corrective actions as required.
- Train/Mentor Assistant Project Managers through personal
example and evaluation. Prepare and present company overview and
proposal to new or potential customers.
- Promote existing customer relations through support in
evaluating new quotations and the monitoring of on-time deliveries
and product quality. Advise, consult and/or counsel contacts and
customers to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas and
- Project positive image (to include; personal attire,
mannerisms, language, technical competence, etc.) to employees,
customers and similar industrial companies by ensuring a
cost-efficient, quality product is produced in accordance with the
- Provide sound and independent judgement that follows company
policies and procedures while managing projects/contracts. Resolve
issues, through direct interaction with department managers and
supervisors, which may jeopardize product quality, delivery
schedules or costs.
- Maintains a positive work environment through positive actions
to affect morale, providing adequate opportunities for employee
personal growth. Adherence to all federal, state, local and
employment laws, and company regulations and policies.
- Mentors subordinates by providing guidance, training, and
performance evaluations and through personal example.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above list is only a representative sample of what the Project
Manager-Manufacturing may be asked to do. The Project
Manager-Manufacturing may perform other special projects or duties
as required to support business needs.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Program Manager- Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of tradesmen and
production supervisors in a manufacturing shop environment.
- Working knowledge of fabrication and welding processes
associated with aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, and
- Must be able to estimate jobs from blueprints and determine the
cost of parts or the entire job including labor and materials.
- Minimum ten years technical knowledge and at-sea operational
experience with submarine and/or surface combat weapons systems,
launcher systems or other similar Naval or military system.
- Minimum of six years of experience in managing people and
resources along with projects related to complex mechanical and/or
- In depth understanding of blue print reading and
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in
a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Experience with successful LEAN improvement efforts,
- Technical knowledge and operational experience in all aspects
of maintenance of U.S. Naval vessels.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and
demonstrated interpersonal skills with personnel and
- Must have, or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
issued by the U.S. government.
B.S. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering; or Foreman Naval and/or
Commercial Shipyard with extensive Apprenticeship Program; or High
School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational
courses; or High School/GED with extensive military training and
experience in mechanical and/or electrical systems and quality
assurance/control requirements. Fifteen years experience may
substitute for the B.S. degree.
Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Light is intense/glare
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold
(below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are
distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces , k neel, jump, run, work while lying
on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Chesapeake , Project Manager II (Manufacturing), Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!