Front of House Manager
Company: Fort Norfolk Retirement Community Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Harbor's Edge offers a competitive base pay and an
attractive benefits package to include Paid Time Off, Paid
Holidays, Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, 403(b)
Retirement Plan, plus company paid STD coverage, Basic Life
Insurance and AD&D.COVID Vaccine is required to support the
health and safety of our residents and staff.Harbor's Edge is a
premier resort-style Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC)
located on the harbor in Norfolk, Virginia. Harbor's Edge has a
$225 million expansion underway, the River Tower, that includes an
additional 24-story tower, doubling the square footage and adding
147 residential living units and 20 assisted living units. When
complete, Harbor's Edge will have 300 residential units in addition
to a 33 bed (Medicare/Private Pay) Skilled Nursing unit and 80
Assisted Living/Memory Care units. The Community will employ
approximately 300 employees.The Dining Room Manager oversees all
aspects of the main and private dining rooms. The Manager supports
the Dining and Catering department's mission of delivering quality
service. Must be available before, during and after inclement
weather or any disaster situation. Requirements:
- Ensure all Dining Services protocols and procedures are
followed in accordance with established policy and
- Train dining room staff in proper procedures; supervise and
schedule staff; maintain employee records.
- Greet residents and guests and ensure they are served promptly,
courteously, and in an orderly manner.
- Ensure dining areas, service areas, and equipment are cleaned,
set up, and maintained properly.
- Update all resident information systems.
- Ensure printed menus are updated and posted.
- Assist with catering and special events.
- Assess and communicate purchasing and inventory
- Demonstrate positive resident relations and facility's quality
care and service standards to residents, families, and guests.
Maintain positive, cheerful attitude at all times.
- Follow sanitation and safe food handling guidelines.
- Use Point of Sale system accurately with minimal errors.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Attend in-service classes and
staff meetings.Level of EducationHigh school diploma or equivalent
(GED)Technical or Professional License(s)/Certification(s)Level of
ExperienceAt least 3 years formal dining room and managerial
Keywords: Fort Norfolk Retirement Community Inc, Chesapeake , Front of House Manager, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!