Regional Transportation Manager
Company: Dollar Tree Stores
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Regional Transportation Manager The role of Regional
Transportation Manager at Dollar Tree is to be responsible for the
daily performance management and execution of domestic inbound and
outbound transportation operations to/from merchandise vendors,
Distribution Centers (DCs) and stores within the Dollar Tree
network. In addition, this person is also responsible for cost
management, delivery service, dedicated contract carrier
management, evaluation and implementation of best practices. This
position is responsible for embracing Dollar Tree/Family Dollar's
store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the on-site carrier teams and work closely with the DC
management team to meet or exceed performance within inbound,
outbound, utilization, service, backhauls, revenue share and
freight cost management.
- Assists in the development of the operational vision and
strategy for the field transportation operation at their
- Assists with development and execution of DC outbound budgets
and outbound delivery expense.
- Continued operational performance management by analyzing,
measuring and inspecting key metric performance in store service,
carrier utilization, trailer management for inbound and
- Manage the third party onsite Carrier Managers to ensure
carrier implementation and adherence.
- Communicate and collaborate with the onsite Carrier Managers to
identify and resolve equipment and driver issues/challenges during
store deliveries/backhaul and pickups.
- Provide recommendations for dedicated carrier procurement and
support operations execution strategies to improve cost and service
- Responsible for developing and maintaining operational
execution SOPs for Transportation related processes and that each
are continually up to date as well as specific operational best
- Assist in network design improvements, software implementation
and development for efficiency and cost containment.
- Ongoing development of partnerships with store field
operations, DC operations, local vendors and the local community to
ensure optimal operational execution and to deliver superior
- Tracks delivery service to stores and communicates performance
metrics to all key stakeholders, while continuing to increase
performance through ongoing process improvement.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous
improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities
to deliver superior service. ---
- Analyze network data to develop action plans for improved
service and/or expense management. --- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements:--- Must be able to work flexible hours and
shifts. --- Must be willing to be on call on the weekends, off
hours and holidays.Minimum Requirements:Education: Bachelor's
degree in Business, Logistics or related field required.Experience:
- --- 5-7 years of leadership in Transportation operations.
- Must have knowledge of FMCSA/DOT regulations ---
- Experience in developing and managing transportation budgets
- Experience managing carrier performance ---
- Previous management leadership (previous leadership of exempt
associates preferred) experience
- Customer service and contract negotiation skills Job Related
Skills: Excellent oral, written communication, strong planning,
organizational and interpersonal skills.Computer Skills: Experience
with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) required and
Transportation Management Systems experience is helpful.
Keywords: Dollar Tree Stores, Chesapeake , Regional Transportation Manager, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...