Vice President, Claims Operations
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Why USAA?Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special!The OpportunityThis leader is accountable for
the auto, property, or other claims operation to deliver business
results at scale. Responsible and accountable for the operational
execution of the member experience in claims. Creates and delivers
a strategic focus on world class member experience and operational
results. Collaborates across Operations and other business lines to
ensure delivery of the USAA mission.What you'll do:
- Accountable for developing Claims operations strategy, plan,
goals, and objectives in support of USAA Strategy.
- Accountable for delivering on plan objectives across employee,
member, financial and quality goals.
- Drives industry best practices and adoption within claims
process creating continuity across the P&C Company.
- Leads Claims Experience owners, operational executives and/or
claims functional groups to achieve business outcomes.
- Collaborates effectively with product line leaders and other
senior executives to support Enterprise initiatives.
- Drives overall risk management and regulatory compliance
through consistent frameworks and business routines.
- Sponsors and shapes large transformational efforts across
multiple Operational areas, Lines of Business or Enterprise.
- Builds and leads a team of claims executive leaders for results
delivery through recruiting, development, retention, coaching and
- Designs and champions claims servicing solutions across
process, technology, workforce, third party, analytics in support
of P&C product competitiveness.
- Collaborates with internal partners to build supporting
capabilities and deliver on shared accountabilities.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.What
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of progressive financial services experience to
include P&C industry work experience in Claims developing
strategies, managing major P&C initiatives and delivering
results within a complex matrix environment.
- 8 years of senior leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing high-performing teams and delivering results at
- Extensive experience building strategic solutions or
demonstrated ability to deliver transformation at scale. -
- Executive-level business acumen in P&C, insurance risk,
compliance, integrated change management and front-line
communications leading to operational excellence.
- Proven ability to influence and develop positive working
relationships with leaders across multiple disciplines and
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop and convert strategic
vision into a plan and execute on that plan.
- Understanding of government regulations and legal requirements
involving P&C business.
- Executive-level risk assessment skills, including risk
identification and measurement, mitigation strategy development,
regulatory management, policy and procedure development.What sets
- Experience leading large-scale personal lines Property claims
- Strategic re-engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience identifying and leveraging advanced analytics
to drive decisions and deliver business outcomes.
- Experience leading claims transformation with digitization and
- Demonstrated knowledge with process excellence discipline.
- Advanced degree or industry certification such as
- Military experience.Compensation:USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $238,900.00-430,000.00.Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive
level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time
and performance based.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.For more
details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page
on USAAjobs.com.USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, Chesapeake , Vice President, Claims Operations, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!