Company: Genuine Parts
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Job Description At Motion Industries, Warehouse Supervisors are key members of our team. They provide the highest levels of customer service by overseeing shipping, receiving, stocking and maintaining merchandise for the Branch. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay. Responsibilities
- Directs and administers established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Leads warehouse personnel to provide excellent customer service that will enhance and support Company operations and sales
- Provides direct supervision to warehouse personnel completes and communicates performance evaluations on a timely basis and provides coaching, training and guidance
- Interacts with external couriers and truck drivers to ensure product is efficiently transferred to and from shipping vehicles
- Ensures equipment required for warehouse operations is properly maintained
- Ensures adequate supplies are maintained for warehouse order fulfillment operations
- Complies with Company Driving Standards Policy
- Understands the potential to be on-call on nights or weekends, depending on need
- Maintains responsibility for physical plant, including cleanliness and security Qualifications
- Leadership, communication, relationship and people management skills required
- Analytical and mathematical skills required
- Warehouse/distribution experience required
- Reliable, organized and attentive to detail
- Moderate computer skills, including communicating internally and externally via email, performing some financial calculations and generating reports proficient at using business systems required
- May need to be certified to operate a forklift and/or other mobile equipment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds, with assistance as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts, Chesapeake , Warehouse Manager, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!