Director, Claims Operations - Auto Injury
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a Director for Auto Injury Claims for the San Antonio, Phoenix, Tampa, Colorado Springs, or Chesapeake office. This is not a remote position.
Responsible for the adjustment of auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or the management of catastrophe operations and the results achieved. Oversees and coordinates activities of claims through subordinate management. Responsible for implementation of claims initiatives and achievement of assigned goals and objectives. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Directs auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or catastrophe operational activities through subordinate managers.
- Responsible for achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the resources to deliver the appropriate claims service.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Provides guidance on technical matters, monitors claims reserves and extends settlement authority.
- Responsible for service, loss control, and loss adjustment expense.
- Identifies trends and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, coaching, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluation and all management related functions while building future capability and developing next generation leaders.
- Understands, researches, and works to influence the financial impact for their respective business area.
- Inspires a high-performance team that works to deliver beautiful experiences to the members and achieve exceptional results.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor s Degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 or more years of applicable P&C claims experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 3 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 2 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience with master s degree or CPCU designation.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Recent experience as an Injury Director, Director of Litigation, Experience Owner, or Business Process Consultant.
- Experience as an Injury Director or Director of Litigation.
- Demonstrated experience with influencing and driving results.
- Ability to influence and make decision based on data.
- Advanced Degree (ex: Masters, JD).
- Insurance Industry designation (ex: CPCU, SCLA).
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate and partner with others.
- Proven ability to drive accountability and results through strong, motivating leadership.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to lead change management efforts.***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 03/11/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: adjuster, automobile, claim investigator, claimant, damage, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, insurance investigator, liability, title examiner
Keywords: USAA, Chesapeake , Director, Claims Operations - Auto Injury, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!