Director, Claims Operations (Subrogation/Arbitration)
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Director, Claims Operations (Subrogation/Arbitration) for our San Antonio, TX, Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, Phoenix, AZ, or Tampa, FL (Commerce Park/Crosstown) facility.
Responsible for the adjustment of auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or the management of catastrophe operations and the results achieved. Oversees and coordinates activities of claims through subordinate management. Responsible for implementation of claims initiatives and achievement of assigned goals and objectives. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Directs auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or catastrophe operational activities through subordinate managers.
- Responsible for achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the resources to deliver the appropriate claims service.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Provides guidance on technical matters, monitors claims reserves and extends settlement authority.
- Responsible for service, loss control, and loss adjustment expense.
- Identifies trends and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, coaching, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluation and all management related functions while building future capability and developing next generation leaders.
- Understands, researches, and works to influence the financial impact for their respective business area.
- Inspires a high performance team that works to deliver beautiful experiences to the members and achieve exceptional results. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor s Degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree .
- 8 or more years of applicable P&C claims experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 3 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 2 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience with Master's Degree or CPCU designation.Preferred
- Strong business acumen of Subrogation/Arbitration Processes
- Strategic thinker, ability to advance strategy
- Masters, MBA, and/or CPCU
- Ability to analyze and interpret data into actionable insights
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Proven ability to solve complex business problems
- Experience in Staff/Experience type role***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Associated topics: automobile, bodily, claim, claimant, fraud, insurance, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, investigation, title examiner
Keywords: USAA, Chesapeake , Director, Claims Operations (Subrogation/Arbitration), Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!