Program Director - Energy
Company: Woolpert, Inc.
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering
and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by
blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and
geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an
Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work(R). We believe great
companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients.
Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced Program
Director - Energy. This position can be based anywhere in the
Eastern US there is a Woolpert office
Our Program Directors identify new client opportunities, lead and
facilitate the entire sales-cycle through procurement, and direct
tactical implementation of operational and capture planning
strategies. This is a role that serves as Principal Consultant and
Subject Matter Expert on complex programs and projects with a
strong client focus. The Program Director will lead project
managers and technical teams to execute successful projects and
programs. The Program Director is a critical thinker with industry
knowledge and network, who will lead and direct growth in
Woolpert's Energy Market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Develop and implement growth strategies (in collaboration with
internal teams), participate in business meetings, and continually
evaluate existing operating procedures to increase margin and
* Manage contract development and the negotiations process with new
and existing large, complex clients.
* Understand financial models and data analytics to assess areas of
growth and development of opportunities.
* Assist with budget development and provide support for
new/existing growth initiatives.
* Responsible for client retention, proactive client management and
opportunity development in collaboration with internal teams.
* Be a champion for growth with field personnel and through
participation/leadership with technical teams and any subsequent
* Actively assessing and developing new growth opportunities
through expansions to new clients, markets, acquisitions, and new
* Maintain professional working relationships with clients.
* Coordinate with other Program Directors to share best
* Demonstrated excellence in managing cross-functional teams
including project managers, technical leaders and support staff
* 7+ years of related work experience leading management consulting
initiatives with external clients, driving new business and
delivery oversight within the Energy market
* Experience and established network within the Gas and Electric
Utility industry, Oil and Gas industry, Mining and/or renewable
energy industry are preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Geospatial, Engineering or other related
area required or equivalent combination of education and
* Master's degree in Geospatial, Engineering, Business or related
area preferred, or equivalent combination of education and
* Strong working knowledge of energy operations, processes and
* Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal
* Strong understanding of market dynamics and requirements.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service
* Proven sales ability and motivation to drive results.
* Ability to negotiate and mitigate risk related to business
* Ability to quickly analyze issues, prepare comprehensive analysis
and recommend solutions and alternatives for identifying/solving
* Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks with
* Problem resolution and critical thinking skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, team building and customer service
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Prior exposure to BIM/CAD/GIS software is a plus
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business
* Must be able to travel up to 30-50% as needed to client sites
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent
from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training
and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements
through our excellent benefits package and competitive
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our "Great Place To Work" certification:
Woolpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Woolpert, Inc., Chesapeake , Program Director - Energy, Executive , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!