Registered Nurse RN
Company: Maxim Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Chesapeake, Virginia. This and
other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare
Services is seeking qualified Registered Nurses RN to provide
medical care in a correctional setting.
- Long Term Contracts
- Staff transition likely
- Travelers Welcome! Additional locations throughout the state
are also available! For further information and/or to apply to this
opportunity, please contact a Recruiter at or email your resume to
Position Description:The Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) will
provide inmates with routine and emergency health care in the
Medical Section of a Corrections Facility and will conduct health
histories on inmates. When necessary, the Corrections Registered
Nurse (RN) makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse
practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or specialist in
alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The Corrections Registered Nurse
(RN) ensures all medication is administered in accordance with
standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing
authority. Also, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) determines
the need for emergency hospital care. Qualifications:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which
the nurse practices.
- One year of full-time experience providing hands-on health
care. Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) experience preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card. Responsibilities:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and
psychosocial changes in the patient's condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from
health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing
- Documents the patient's plan of care using identified nursing
diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions
of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan
of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in
medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing
- Documents patient's response to nursing and other
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient
care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal
communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses
knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice
Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient
Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient's Bill of Rights;
and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: Maxim Healthcare, Chesapeake , Registered Nurse RN, Healthcare , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!