Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Overview:Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in
the nation, is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant or Family
Nurse Practitioner, who will provide comfort and care to patients
when they need it most. The treatments you provide, based on the
exam results you and your team review and interpret
collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your
At Concentra, you are not only rewarded by helping thousands of
patients feel better each year, but you are also recognized as a
key contributor within the company. Hone your skills with the
chance to join medical expert panels, educate colleagues, and more.
Whatever your career goals may be, Concentra will help you get
there.Concentra's wide network of clinics ensure career growth
opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment - 100% outpatient
- Occupational Medicine/Employee Health Focused:
- Pre-Employment & maintenance physical exams offered
- Surveillance testing
- Treatment of any minor injuries sustained in the workplace
- Urgent Care services offered to the public include: sports
physicals, travel health services & treatment of minor
- NOTE: The safety of you and our patients is our top priority.
At this time, we are not accepting sick visits presenting with
- Our new Virginia locations (Chesapeake and Newport News),
opening in June 2022, will be open weekdays only, 8am-5pm
- We do not offer 12 hour shifts
- We are not open evenings or weekends
- Location options:
- As a PRN colleague, you will have the opportunity to sign up
for open shifts available locally in Newport News and
- Optional: you will also have the opportunity to sign up for
shifts in Richmond & Glen Allen, should you have interest in
- OnSite digital Xray
- OnSite Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- MD/DO/PA-C/FNP team:
- Plain black scrubs OR business professional attire
- Personalized white coats provided to all new
colleaguesResponsibilities: MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with
Concentra's medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
We use Allscripts Touchworks EMR.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are
consistent with medical and professional standards of care,
Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing
services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss
quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes
reports, and records.
- Participates in quality management processes including
encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in
the delivery of clinical support activities.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for
initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to
other medical personnel and center
occupational medicine, urgent care, or an emergency medicine
setting is preferred
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited PA or FNP program of accredited
- Board Certification
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but are willing to
train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- FMCSA NRCME required prior to start date, if not already
certified (we provide this CME)
- Active DEA required prior to start dateAdditional Data:BENEFITS
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine
Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- CME opportunities
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Colleague Discount Program - discounts with most Fortune 500
goods & servicesIf you're looking for an organization that cares
for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients,
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information,
requiring ongoing discretion and secure information
management.Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including
Keywords: Concentra, Chesapeake , Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!