Company: VitalCore Health Strategies
Posted on: May 26, 2023
VitalCore Health Strategies, (VCHS), an industry leader in
correctional healthcare, has an opening for a Registered Nurse at
Indian Creek Correctional Center in Chesapeake, Virginia! At
VitalCore we pride ourselves on retaining and acquiring hardworking
ethical individuals who are committed to providing quality
services. Join our team and experience first-hand how VitalCore
Health Strategies promotes a positive work environment that is
based on respect and appreciation of the hard work and dedication
of our staff.REGISTERED NURSE (RN) BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Holiday Pay: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day,
Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's
Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Animal/Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program and Discount Center
- PTOREGISTERED NURSE (RN) POSITION SUMMARYA Registered Nurse
(RN) delivers quality care consistent within the scope of practice
as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Registered
Nurses. The RN works in accordance with local practice acts and
regulations, delegates and ensures supervision of nursing
activities and functions to other competent nursing personnel
appropriate to their scope of practice. The RN assumes
responsibility and accountability for the quality of care
delivered; works to ensure a safe environment for themselves, the
patient and other staff members. The RN acts as a patient advocate
to promote the quality of health care delivered in the facility and
serve as a leader at all times to promote best practices within the
profession of nursing.REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical
competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.REGISTERED
NURSE (RN) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for
reactions and side effects.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients'
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess,
plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses and conditions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare
personnel or supervise a particular unit.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such
as health education, disease prevention, and childbirth as well as
develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and
ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and
assess patient's condition.
- Additional duties as assigned by facility.We're people who are
fueled by passion, not by profit. Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN,
Correctional Healthcare, Nurse, rn, registered nurse#indvirginia#ZR
Keywords: VitalCore Health Strategies, Chesapeake , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...