RN Coordinator, Congestive Heart Failure Clinic
Company: Sentara - Digital CWS
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Function as a clinical leader, under the direction of the Practice Manager, for the provision of patient care services for populations of ambulatory care patients/families. Responsible for the scheduling and/or assigning clinic staff to meet patient care and clinic needs, performing patient care, developing/implementing clinical practice guidelines/protocols, and for providing support with patient decision-making, education, and coordination of services to assure quality outcomes. Coordinates and collaborates with Physicians and/or Nurse Practitioner (NP)/Physician Assistant (PA)/Registered Nurse (RN) to provide comprehensive care, and provides delegation and supervision of tasks (procedures, treatments) to Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and Medical Assistants (MA).
RN-Bachelor's Level Degree OR MNS
None, unless noted in the \"Other\" section below
Required: Registered Nurse
Preferred: Basic Life Support
3 years of RN experience and 1 year of supervisory experience needed
Be a part of a Top Healthcare Organization!
Sentara Heart Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia is hiring a Registered Nurse Coordinator for the Advanced Heart Failure Center - Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic
This role coordinates the clinical management of the pulmonary hypertension (PH) patient to include initial, diagnostic, and follow-up care. There will be no direct reports in this role but will provide clinical leadership to the care team members, support regulatory requirements for certification and participates in program growth and development.
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical pathways, guidelines of care and protocols
- Identifies education needs of team members and utilizes collaborative approach for development planning for the patient and their family
- Identifies and contributes to needs for development and growth of PH program and certification. Maintains records and data collection
- Coordination of Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) patient clinical care, assessment, plan of care, evaluation, follow-up, and guiding family in making informed healthcare decisions
- Work on quality initiatives; to include policy and procedure development, collaborative multidisciplinary partnerships regarding patient care, contribute to cost savings efficiency, and program performance improvements
- This role will require some patient care; required to be knowledgeable of the standards of care for Pulmonary Hypertension patients
- Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and enjoy program development Hours 8am to 4:30pm
As the region's first Magnet hospital, Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, a 525-bed tertiary care facility, is home to the area's only Level I Trauma Center, burn trauma unit and nationally ranked heart program at Sentara Heart Hospital which sits on the Sentara Norfolk General campus.
Sentara Heart Hospital is the region's first and only dedicated heart hospital. This exceptional facility carries on Sentara Norfolk General's tradition for cardiac excellence by consistently ranking among the nation's top 50 heart programs in the U.S. News & World Report's annual hospital rankings.
Sentara offers an attractive array of benefits to include a 403B with matching funds and a fully paid pension plan. Relocation assistance can be provided.
Location: Norfolk, VA is a waterfront city that offers a historic downtown area with shopping and excellent restaurants. You will find that the City of Norfolk offers festivals for weekend fun. Do you like baseball or hockey; we have minor league teams here in Norfolk. If you enjoy a cruise you can board the cruise ship right at our waterfront area. Cruises depart to Bermuda and the Islands of the Bahamas a number of times a year. Sentara Norfolk General Hospital is about 30 minutes from the Coastal area of Virginia Beach, Virginia a beautiful city, that is family oriented, and it offers many free attractions to it residents all year round. If you want to escape to the mountains you can visit the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains which are less than 3 hours away.
Live, work, and play in a great area! Come explore Virginia and work for the best Healthcare System, Sentara!
Attend Our Virtual RN Job Fair
Feb 12th - 11A-1P
Ambulatory Care experience preferred. Specialty certification in professional nursing practice preferred. MSN preferred. Previous supervisory/charge experience preferred. Meets any requirements defined by specific specialty. BLS required within 90 days of hire.
Keyword: Ambulatory Care, Cardiac, Pulmonary, Heart Failure
Associated topics: aprn, board, bsn, certified nurse midwife, clinical nurse, english, gyn, neighborcare, prac, specialis
Keywords: Sentara - Digital CWS, Chesapeake , RN Coordinator, Congestive Heart Failure Clinic, Healthcare , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!