Retail Store Associate
Company: Batteries Plus - GEN Aspire, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionUrgent Need! Hiring Now! GEN Aspire, LLC dba
Batteries Plus Bulbs is hiring Sales Associates-Store Associates
for our Chesapeake location. Come join our customer-oriented,
frequently fast-paced work environment with opportunities for
skills, knowledge, benefit and pay growth! Enjoy a flexible
schedule and paid training.Consultatively sell batteries, light
bulbs and accessory items to retail and commercial customers.
Pleasantly engage customers, listen to what they have to say about
their batteries/systems and lighting needs, and recommend
solutions. Perform battery tests, installations, and battery pack
rebuilds. Contribute as a Team Member to the overall success of the
store. Associates must be able to lift 50 + pounds, should have a
valid driver's license, and must have access to reliable
transportation.Integrity, reliability, helpful/courteous customer
orientation, product knowledge, sales skills, and a friendly Team
orientation are critical factors in the success of our business and
of our associates.Customer Service / Sales while working: Live a
"Customer First" mentality.Perform Customer Service / Sales
- Greet customers promptly, determine needs and answer
- Suggest needed sales add-on items, participate in retail store
and commercial sales activities to achieve sales goals.
- Ask questions to identify potential commercial customers.
- Operate computer/cash register to initiate and complete sales
- Answer phones, assist callers, and ensure messages are relayed
in a timely, accurate manner.
- Maintain the facility, inventory, property, and customer
service levels to management standards.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of product and service
- Adhere to general and specific safety standards
- Engage as a "can-do" team member.
- Proactively follow through on commitments and/or tasks needing
to be performed.Perform Merchandising / Inventory /Tech duties:
- Rotate and stock inventory; perform inventory counts as
- Install batteries, perform tests and tech work.
- Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of products.
- Organize daily recovery of displays to achieve full store
- Maintain retail shelf label pricing.
- Build displays; setting up & taking down shelves and
- Prepare store for daily opening and closing.Qualifications:
- H.S. diploma/equivalent and 6 months prior work experience
preferred or equivalent combination of education and
- Must be available to work all days of the week (Sunday through
- Prior retail experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to gain quick and solid understanding of company's
products, processes, point of sale, and cross reference
- Good listening and verbal communication skills with a customer
- Must possess and use organizational and analytical problem
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks to effectively
prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and
- Ability to calculate simple math, percents, ratios and
algebraic expressions and read gauges.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and or technical experience
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 50+ poundsOur benefits vary by position,
but may include the following:
- Pay rate - $12 - $13 per hour
- Employer contribution to health insurance
- Training and Development
- Bonus plans
- Employee DiscountAt Batteries Plus, you are part of a small
entrepreneurial team in a growing business. We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Batteries Plus - GEN Aspire, LLC, Chesapeake , Retail Store Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!