STORE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER - Texas/Oklahoma
Company: Dollar Tree
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Req ID# 407119BRTitle STORE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER -
Texas/OklahomaCompany Dollar TreeLocation of Position Chesapeake,
VirginiaJob DescriptionCONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERPosition
Summary:Join the company changing the retail industry one dollar at
a time! Operating under two banners, Dollar Tree and Family Dollar
our company is searching for an energetic, innovative and
self-directing Construction Project Manager with passion for
ensuring quality and timeliness throughout the construction
process. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and
attention to detail as well as excellent oral and written
communications. They will work closely with Dollar Tree partners
and outside vendors to effectively manage all facets of their
- Manage the construction process for new, relocated and expanded
- Manage the construction process for remodels and renovations of
existing stores, including re-builds and re-opens.
- Ensure Dollar Tree quality and financial standards are met by
monitoring store construction progress and costs, evaluating
quality and taking necessary action to keep projects on track and
within defined budgets.
- Visit store project sites to confirm LL construction progress
and schedule store construction effectively.
- Hold Landlords, Architects/Engineers, and General Contractors
accountable for timely and on budget delivery of construction
- Communicate with landlords and internal Dollar Tree partners
regarding timeliness of turnover and openings of upcoming store
- Ensure all internal and external stakeholders are kept up to
date with status of projects at all times.
- Input, maintain and manage all applicable construction key
dates in the project management/tracking system.
- Simultaneously manage 30-50 projects per year of varying types,
costs and complexities from Landlord turnkeys/build-to-suit
projects to as-is space projects to new, ground-up construction
with costs ranging from $100,000 to $1.5M+, including land/site
development and complex self-development related construction
issues involving communication, coordination and negotiation with
public officials and building departments.
- Continually work to solicit and train new and existing general
contractors, including onboarding and ongoing vendor
- Recommend selection of general contractors after reviewing,
qualifying and clarifying contractor bids after a thorough bid
vetting process. In partnership with the Director of Store
Construction, award construction contracts after a thorough cost
variance analysis against the Real Estate Committee approved
- Effectively manage all facets of the Construction Contract
including project award, scheduling, change order process and
project close out on all bid and assigned projects.
- Conduct site visits as required to ensure projects are kept on
schedule and weekly updates are provided on schedule deviation,
including but not limited to project kick-off meetings, delivery of
possession/turnover inspections, maintaining a list of outstanding
construction issues, and conducting a final project punchlist.
- Manage the RFC (request for change) and CO (change order)
process, including analyzing legitimacy and cost of change orders
by reviewing a breakdown of material costs, labor costs, man-hours
required to perform the work, and challenging contractors on
back-up detail provided.
- Ensure completion of store punch list items and follow up on
all warranty items in a timely manner.
- Maintain and input all construction key dates and ensure all
construction documents are uploaded into the SLM program for
project close out.
- Provide cost estimates on new projects going to Real Estate
Committee or as directed/required.
- Meet with Architectural Project Managers, Real Estate Managers,
and other internal and external stakeholders as required to conduct
project autopsies to identify lessons learned that can be fed back
to the beginning of the development process as inputs on
- Recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Director of
- 5-10+ years of construction project management experience in
the retail industry, including tenant improvement and new,
ground-up construction, managing multiple projects at one time
across a multi-state territory.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of ground-up building
construction experience for a retailer or general
contractor.Ability to travel approximately 50%-75% of work time as
required or directed.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word primarily,
- Technical training and/or experience in the areas of building
code, estimating, mechanical, electrical and/or structural
- College degree in a construction related field
- Familiarity and prior involvement with store fixturing,
planning, operations and/or merchandising#LI-TM1
Keywords: Dollar Tree, Chesapeake , STORE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER - Texas/Oklahoma, Hospitality & Tourism , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!