FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER
Company: Fort Norfolk Retirement Community Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Harbor's Edge is a premier resort-style and not-for-profit
Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located on the harbor
in Norfolk, Virginia. Harbor's Edge completed a $225 million
expansion earlier in 2022 ( https://vimeo.com/283999844 ) called
the River Tower that includes an additional 24-story tower,
doubling the square footage, adding 147 residential living units
and 20 assisted living units. Harbor's Edge has 300 residential
units in two Towers in addition to a small Skilled Nursing unit and
80 Assisted Living/Memory Care units. The Community employs
approximately 300 employees, and current annual revenues are
approximately $30 Million.
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the total
operation of the dining service department. The department will be
operated within established objectives, standards, policies, and
procedures in accordance with federal and state regulations,
resident needs, and company policies with a focus on achieving and
maintaining a high standard of resident satisfaction and meeting
organizational business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the daily operations of the Dining Facility ensuring
compliance with all environmental, federal, state, and local
governmental rules and regulations.
- Financially accountable for the dining services department
budget. Operates the department in accordance with the approved
budget, and staffing requirements. Monitors business activities to
ensure procedures and standards are followed, appropriate handling
of funds, communicates budget and meets established budget goals
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and
procedures and job descriptions. Train staff on policies and
- Develop departmental budget and staffing plan. Communicate with
Executive Director in regard to monitoring budget, staff issues and
overall management of the dining area.
- Orient and train new employees, supervise, ensure appropriate
staffing schedule, and evaluate staff.
- Maintain the dining department in an inspection ready state at
all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state,
and local regulations while directing and ensuring all safety and
sanitation guidelines are met.
- Capable of performing the following behavioral standards;
hospitality (open and approachable), compassion (genuine empathy
and sensitivity), reverence and integrity as demonstrated by daily
interaction with residents.
- Supervise, conduct, and attend in-service classes and staff
- Develop and maintain positive relationships on behalf of Harbor's
Edge with government regulators, residents, families, visitors, and
the community at large. Is a resource of information to the
community related to dining services issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Hospitality
Management degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in
culinary background and/or restaurant management (fine dining) or
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Fine dining planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures, laws, regulations, and
guidelines pertaining to long-term care dining procedures.
- Ability to organize, implements, and manage programs, goals,
objectives, policies, procedures, and resources.
- Knowledge of wines preferred.
- Ability to read and write, follows written and oral instructions,
and communicates effectively in English.
- Ability to work with the elderly in a courteous and friendly
manner, demonstrating patience and compassion, flexibility, and
- Ability to perform duties with consideration for residents'
rights at all times and demonstrate integrity and discretion in the
care of residents and in handling their personal information.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others to high
levels of performance.
- Public speaking skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be an effective
time manager and multi-tasker.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience working in the healthcare industry.
Keywords: Fort Norfolk Retirement Community Inc, Chesapeake , FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!