SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a DB2 Database
Administrator for our client in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach, VA
The purpose of the job is to administer the Client?s database
system. The incumbent will be responsible for planning, policy,
management, evaluation, budgeting, and reporting. The incumbent
will plan, organize, and implement programs within major
organizational policies. The incumbent will also report progress of
major activities to executive level administrators through reports
* Remote DBA MAY be an option as long as incumbent can come onsite
for at least one week.
* A laptop will be provided for connectivity.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Vocational/Educational: Requires a bachelor's degree in computer
science, computer information systems, or a closely related
* Experience: In addition to satisfying the vocational/education
standards, this class requires a minimum of four years of related,
full-time equivalent experience.
* Special Certifications and Licenses: Requires a valid driver?s
license and a driving record in compliance with the Client?s
* DB2 v.10 experience.
* 2-5 Years? experience in DB2 and other DBA-related skills.
* Coordinates professional staff including recommending staffing,
organizing, selecting or recommending selection, training,
assigning and evaluating work, and counseling.
* Monitors trends and improvements in data base technology and
laws, rules, and Client policy to plan database improvements,
expansions, and future requirements; assists in establishment of
goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and quality standards.
* Manages data base operations by coordinating with directors,
elected and appointed officials, and others to determine
requirements, establishing and encouraging work or project teams,
developing work schedules, reviewing performance information,
monitoring projects, and reporting on significant activities and
* Assists data base users by providing or overseeing training,
assisting with data base problems, addressing requirements for new
capabilities, installing upgrades, and providing other assistance
* Oversees database system administration such as system
documentation, configuration management, backup, security, access,
virus protection, performance information, and related tasks.
* Performs department administrative functions such as preparing
budgets, controlling expenditures, performing special studies,
preparing reports, providing support to elected or appointed
officials and boards or committees, and preparing specifications
for contracts, hardware, software, or other administrative
* Attends or conducts staff conferences to exchange information or
make presentations; attends, and schedules others to attend,
in-service training and technical or professional classes,
seminars, or conferences to improve technical or professional
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Data Involvement: Plans, or directs others in the sequence of
major activities and reports on operations and activities which are
very broad in scope.
* Interpersonal/People Involvement: Negotiates and exchanges ideas,
information, and opinions with others to formulate policy and
programs or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or
* Reasoning Requirements: Performs work involving the application
of logical principles and thinking to solve practical problems
within or applying to a unit or division of the organization.
* Mathematical Requirements: Uses algebra working with such factors
as exponents, logarithms, linear and quadratic equations
differentiation and integration of algebraic functions, and
statistics applying such functions as frequency distribution,
reliability, validity and correlation techniques.
* Language Requirements: Reads professional literature and
technical manuals; speaks to groups of employees, and public or
private groups; writes manuals and complex reports.
* Mental Requirements: Performs professional level work requiring
the application of principles and practices of a wide range of
administrative, technical, or managerial methods in the solution of
administrative or technical problems; applies general understanding
of operating policies and procedures to solve complex
administrative problems; requires continuous, close attention for
accurate results or frequent exposure to unusual pressure.
* Decisions/Supervisory Control : Makes decisions as a significant
part of the job, affecting a large segment of the organization and
the general public; assists in developing policies and
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer