Lead or Senior Software Engineer - Front-End React.js
Company: Q-Free ASA
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Q-Free is the prime mover in intelligent traffic management
solutions. Our company works to create sustainable smart cities
where people and goods safely and efficiently move through traffic
infrastructure. Our software engineers work on cutting-edge
projects using innovative ideas that have been created by
collaborating with their colleagues. Software development is
critical to Q-Free and the success of our customers. We currently
have an opening for a Software Engineer with a Front-End focus for
the Technology division. The ideal candidate possesses:
- Ability to implement front-end React.js components according to
- Focus on quality, performance, consistency, reusability, and
- Skills required:
Most Important Work Tasks:
- Supports design, development, implementation, and maintenance
of software programming applications.
- Completes most development activities independently.
- Works on complicated tasks that may require an in-depth level
of engineering knowledge.
- Has extensive knowledge in software programming concepts,
practices, and procedures and knows when and how to apply them to
- Understands the programming language they are working in to
design and refactor for performance and scalability.
- Relies on experience and judgment when estimating,
prioritizing, planning, and coordinating work.
- Able to break down work into consumable tasks and identify how
much work is required to complete the tasks.
- Conducts code reviews in a timely manner and identifies
discrepancies in logic pertaining to the task at hand.
- Documents supporting installation instructions and basic user
operations and troubleshooting manuals.
- Supports system configuration along with supports application
deployments inclusive of occasional after-hours assistance.
- Actively participates and leads by example in the
organization's software development processes and test
- Recognizes software programming problems/issues and provides
solutions for review by manager.
- Executes work efficiently and meets agreed-on deadlines.
- Takes direction and both positive and critical feedback in a
- Continuously demonstrates improvements to skills over
- Holds at least 2 Engineering roles.
- Architects our front-end technology stack from design,
implementation, monitoring and testing infrastructure
- Participates in architectural design and planning sessions with
- Provides technical leadership, training, and mentorship to the
- Identifies hiring needs and interviews candidates for frontend
- Analyzes customer requirements and provides strategic,
innovative, and cost-effective solutions that increase the
efficiency, reliability, and integration of the company's
- Creates prototypes and proof of concepts to validate, promote,
and define the technology strategies
- Proposes and designs new front-end solutions and processes and
works with the team to implement them
- Reviews code inclusive of efficient and reusable front-end
infrastructure and components
Your Experience and Knowledge
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Software development fundamentals and process
- Software build and deployment process
- Software requirements
- Software design
- Software debugging
- Software documentation
- Software testing
- Agile development processes and principles
- Team player/leader
- Fast learner
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Organization and time management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
Q-Free America ensures our employees are happy and healthy. Our
dynamic and comprehensive benefits package allows our employees to
take care of themselves and their families. Our benefits package
includes, but is not limited to - health, vision, dental, 401 (k)
plan, EAP, flexible benefits; also company-paid life, short-term
and long-term disability!For more information, visit our website at
www.q-free.com.We thank all applicants for their interest; however,
only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Q-Free proudly celebrates diversity in our employees.
EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: Q-Free ASA, Chesapeake , Lead or Senior Software Engineer - Front-End React.js, IT / Software / Systems , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!