DB2 Database Administrator (DBA) (Job #6318)
Posted on: September 9, 2018
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a DB2 Database Administrator for our client in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach, VA area.
The purpose of the job is to administer the Client?s database system. The incumbent will be responsible for planning, policy, management, evaluation, budgeting, and reporting. The incumbent will plan, organize, and implement programs within major organizational policies. The incumbent will also report progress of major activities to executive level administrators through reports and conferences.
* Remote DBA MAY be an option as long as incumbent can come onsite for at least one week.
* A laptop will be provided for connectivity.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Vocational/Educational: Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a closely related field.
* Experience: In addition to satisfying the vocational/education standards, this class requires a minimum of four years of related, full-time equivalent experience.
* Special Certifications and Licenses: Requires a valid driver?s license and a driving record in compliance with the Client?s Driving Standards.
* DB2 v.10 experience.
* 2-5 Years? experience in DB2 and other DBA-related skills.
* Coordinates professional staff including recommending staffing, organizing, selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, and counseling.
* Monitors trends and improvements in data base technology and laws, rules, and Client policy to plan database improvements, expansions, and future requirements; assists in establishment of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and quality standards.
* Manages data base operations by coordinating with directors, elected and appointed officials, and others to determine requirements, establishing and encouraging work or project teams, developing work schedules, reviewing performance information, monitoring projects, and reporting on significant activities and events.
* Assists data base users by providing or overseeing training, assisting with data base problems, addressing requirements for new capabilities, installing upgrades, and providing other assistance as required.
* Oversees database system administration such as system documentation, configuration management, backup, security, access, virus protection, performance information, and related tasks.
* Performs department administrative functions such as preparing budgets, controlling expenditures, performing special studies, preparing reports, providing support to elected or appointed officials and boards or committees, and preparing specifications for contracts, hardware, software, or other administrative tasks.
* Attends or conducts staff conferences to exchange information or make presentations; attends, and schedules others to attend, in-service training and technical or professional classes, seminars, or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Data Involvement: Plans, or directs others in the sequence of major activities and reports on operations and activities which are very broad in scope.
* Interpersonal/People Involvement: Negotiates and exchanges ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policy and programs or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
* Reasoning Requirements: Performs work involving the application of logical principles and thinking to solve practical problems within or applying to a unit or division of the organization.
* Mathematical Requirements: Uses algebra working with such factors as exponents, logarithms, linear and quadratic equations differentiation and integration of algebraic functions, and statistics applying such functions as frequency distribution, reliability, validity and correlation techniques.
* Language Requirements: Reads professional literature and technical manuals; speaks to groups of employees, and public or private groups; writes manuals and complex reports.
* Mental Requirements: Performs professional level work requiring the application of principles and practices of a wide range of administrative, technical, or managerial methods in the solution of administrative or technical problems; applies general understanding of operating policies and procedures to solve complex administrative problems; requires continuous, close attention for accurate results or frequent exposure to unusual pressure.
* Decisions/Supervisory Control : Makes decisions as a significant part of the job, affecting a large segment of the organization and the general public; assists in developing policies and practices.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: , Chesapeake , DB2 Database Administrator (DBA) (Job #6318), IT / Software / Systems , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!