Real Estate Paralegal
Company: Evasco & Rountree, PLLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, prepare new contract or loan instructions for file to
be opened by order entry department.
- Coordinate, Communicate and process received processing
information from clients, real estate agents, lenders, borrowers,
and other settlement companies to prepare the file for prelim and
final approval with the lender.
- Review Deeds, Deed of Trusts and other legal documents to be
recorded for accuracy (i.e. names are correct and match lender
instructions, legal descriptions are correct and match title
- Review complete closing package for completeness (i.e.,
corporate status and authorizations, proper signature lines, dates,
acknowledgments, Virginia Code Sections (where applicable),
- Ensure documentation required of settlement agent on other side
of transaction is complete, accurate and all needed items are
received prior to closing.
- Coordinate scheduling of closing between all parties (external
- Ensure file is in balance at time of CD/HUD approval.
- Provide agent a copy of ALTA settlement statement for review
prior to closing.
- Provide borrower final closing figure and instructions for
cashier's check payee and closing location.
- Ensure executed complete closing package is scanned.
- Send all required funding documents to lender to obtain funding
- Timely respond to clients, lenders, real estate agents.
- Ability to multi-task with agents, cleints, lenders and other
settlement agentsOther duties and responsibilities that may rise as
assigned by managementKnowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Comprehensive knowledge of settlement, title and legal
instruments and terminology relative to all commercial and
residential loan programs and instruments conveying title and
- Comprehensive knowledge of the processing, closing and post
closing of single and multi-family homes, town homes, &
condominiums. Construction and development loans, and commercial
transaction experience a plus, but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management,
closers, other post closers, recorders/couriers and underwriters
(Both written and verbal).
- Exceptional organization and time management skills. Ability to
perform tasks independently.
- Ability to analyze recorded documents and determine if they
were correctly recorded, prepared, apply to the insured property
and comply with the requirements set out on the title commitment
and lender instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a fast
paced, dead-line oriented environment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer proficiently and use
Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and Google
- Willing to train the right person with a strong work
history!Education, Licensure, and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Experience in Qualia a plus.Job Type: Full-timePay: $15.00 -
$21.00 per hourBenefits:
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridaySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Evasco & Rountree, PLLC, Chesapeake , Real Estate Paralegal, Legal , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!