Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Director, Senior Experience Owner-Bank
for remote work location or San Antonio, Phoenix, Colorado Springs,
Tampa, or Chesapeake.
Oversees a team of Experience Owners and/or Process Owners
responsible for creating and executing cross-channel experiences
and/or Business Deliverables. Leads, guides, and supports the
development of strategies, determines roadmaps for Member, Employee
and/or Business Deliverable-need outcomes, and empowers
stakeholders to turn Member/Business Deliverable needs into
experiences. Understands the business performance of the portfolio
of experiences and their financial impact on the business.
Responsible for the risk, controls and mitigation strategies for
experiences through consistent use and application of existing
frameworks and follows documented risk and compliance policies and
procedures for all business activities. Identifies and manages
existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and
ensures these risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGKT_Nxdgc) (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwPQizcENY) (31 seconds)
* Leads a team in the development of strategies for
Member/Employee/Business needs, validates the cost/benefit analysis
for changes designed to improve the member or employee experience
and the impact on USAA financials. May prioritize changes for
Experience Owners to execute.
* Aligns focus of Experience Owners towards leading and
executing beautiful experiences that serve a Member, Employee
and/or Business Deliverable need.
* Builds and manages a high performing team of Experience Owners
and/or Process Owners through recruitment, training, coaching,
performance management, and related managerial activities.
* Holds financial accountability for the Member, Employee and/or
Business Deliverable need and portfolio of experiences therein,
including allocation of funding to experiences, to ensure the
sustainable delivery of experiences addressing the Member, Employee
and/or Business Deliverable need.
* Accountable for financial, regulatory and operational risk
management related to experiences within the Member, Employee
and/or Business Deliverable need; ensures Experience Owners close
any gaps or findings.
* Develops, implements, and oversees Key Performance Indicators
(KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs); uses data to refine Member,
Employee and/or Business Deliverable -need business cases and
* Participates in management routines to alleviate impediments
and promote Agile way of working with stakeholders throughout
* Drives and influences key stakeholders towards a unified
experience that serves Members, Employees and business needs,
aligned to strategic outcomes in compliance with applicable
* Communicates with executive audience to ensure Member-need
experience portfolio is driving towards overall USAA mission.
* Prioritizes the identification and management of existing and
emerging risks across all business activities and ensures these
risks are effectively measured, monitored and controlled.
* Understands primary regulations commonly applicable to
regulated products and services.
* Bachelors Degree. 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
* 8 years of relevant experience in product development,
marketing, strategy, digital, process, or user experience
Master's Degree and 6 years of relevant experience in product
development, marketing, strategy, digital, process or user
* 3 years of direct team leadership experience or leading large
matrixed, cross-functional teams.
* Process engineering and/or agile experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Proficient at leading strategy and vision and delivering
Journey Maps as well as leading execution based on roadmaps and
* Proven ability in utilizing user center design for a
particular segment or group
* Experience conducting bank market research
* SAFE agile methodology experience in writing features and
* Demonstrated ability in building out roadmaps for existing and
future work based on data
* Experience in first line risk management
* Background managing an end to end customer experience
* Experience managing multi-channel execution (from concept
development to delivery) including working across multi-functional
teams, such as Product, Marketing, Data and IT
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire
or date of placement) or must have managers approval prior to
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
10/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time .