DDR Clerk Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: April 4, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17--states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members-- love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you --succeed.DAMAGE DEFECTIVE RETURNS (DDR)
CLERKJob SummaryResponsible for processing and sorting damaged or
defective and/or returned merchandise, reducing salvage, ,
obtaining return authorizations from vendors and re-wrapping
sellable merchandise.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and
assistance. Maintains high standards of safety, service, and
sanitation for members and team members.
- Accurately processes damaged or defective merchandise by
following appropriate salvage, donation, vendor return, reverse
logistic, hazardous waste and destroy procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor
charge-backs, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on
vendor return policies.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged,
defective and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and
broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory.
Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Understands the company's community / donation programs and
administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Reviews daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls,
and processes tire and battery returns.
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using appropriate seal and
shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. Follows
established safety, filing organization, and lock-up
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces.
Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching,
stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as
occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and
- Frequent exposure to hazardous material.BJ's Wholesale Club is
committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all
qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry,
national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic
information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or
familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Chesapeake , DDR Clerk Job, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!