Control System Engineer
Company: Plasser American Corp
Posted on: April 9, 2021
General Scope: Implement software modifications, analyzing
software problems and constructing programming solutions. The
Control System Engineer must have thorough knowledge of electrical
design and engineering techniques. The candidate will devise new
approaches to problems, modify drawings, specifications,
calculations, manuals, charts and graphs, and monitor work for
compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering
- Write new software according to customer specifications
- Modify existing software according to customer
- Test and analyze programs.
- Document software changes
- Write end-user documentation
- Version control
- Send software updates to customers on head software engineers
- Provide customer support
- Work directly with electrical engineering staff to develop
hardware / software interface solutions
- Development of PLC programs for automated equipment.
- Development of HMI programs for automated equipment.
- Responsible for planning and conducting independent work
requiring judgment in the evaluation, * selection, application and
adaptation of engineering techniques, products, procedures and
- Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify
drawings, specifications, calculations, manuals, charts and
- Plan and conduct cost estimates.
- Specify control components.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective
communication on projects.
- Analyze reports, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and
applications by designing, applying
- knowledge of electricity, programming, and materials.
- Research, develop, design, and test a wide range of machinery,
both as standard products and with custom features, according to
requirements of individual customers.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Complete special projects upon requests and other duties may be
assigned Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
responsibilities. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES(The knowledge,
skills and attributes required for satisfactory job performance)
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or
university; or five years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Have a
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Systems
Technology, Automation Technology, or Electrical Controls
Engineering; or the equivalent in work experience. Knowledge:
Incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following
areas:Have 3-4 years of work experience in Engineering,
Programming, or related fields (5+ years machine building,
automation, integration, or other automation intensive industry
sector is preferred).Have thorough knowledge of electrical design
and engineering techniques.Skills: Incumbent must demonstrate or
participate in internal/external training programs to obtain the
- Analytical thinking skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to convert system requirements into software code
- Understand function and data of sub systems
- Must possess a valid passport. May be required to travel
throughout the United States and Canada, and some overseas travel
may be required.
- On-track safety training required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced
calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to work with concepts such as limits, quadratic and
differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Applicable Technical Competencies: Incumbent must have working
knowledge and demonstrated abilities utilizing mechanical
knowledge: Specific applications combined with knowledge
competencies are as follows: Rating Level: 1-5 (1= minimum 5=
Maximum) ApplicationRequired Level of proficiencyPreferred Level of
proficiencyMicrosoft C / C++ Family Compilers55Microsoft Office
Keywords: Plasser American Corp, Chesapeake , Control System Engineer, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!