Company: Plasser American Corp
Posted on: April 9, 2021
General Scope: Has knowledge of basic welding techniques and can
weld at a proficiency level required on job as determined by
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable
holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage,
slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit
metal from electrode to work piece and join its edges.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining
length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of
fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and
size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Preheats work piece with hand torch or heating furnace.
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in
jig or fixture.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment associated
with job.Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory
responsibilities.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES(The knowledge,
skills and attributes required for satisfactory job
performance)Education: One year certificate from college or
technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Knowledge: Incumbent must have proficient knowledge in
the following areas:
- Knowledge of Welding.Skills: Incumbent must demonstrate or
participate in internal/external training programs to obtain the
following skills:-- Understanding of AWS-D1.1-- Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.-- Must be certified to weld according to
company standards.-- Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals.-- Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence.-- Ability to speak effectively before groups of
employees of organization.-- Ability to add, subtract, multiply,
and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.-- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.-- Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
Keywords: Plasser American Corp, Chesapeake , WELDER, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!