Company: Standard Calibrations, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The primary function of the Application Programmer is to design,
develop and maintain software or applications. This includes large
feature sets or projects possibly spanning many products or
applications, where requirements are partial or not well defined,
and designs do not exist. Responsibility for design, testing,
installation, training, upgrades, enhancements, and ongoing support
of all systems developed internally by including CRM, SQL
Databases, Website front & back ends, and interfaces between all
major ASM ERP sub-systems.
- Maintain, revise and upgrade current programs as assigned by
- Periodic or emergency system support and maintenance.
- Design, program, test, document, and implement new programs and
application systems as assigned and within designated time
- Follow departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Honor confidentiality rules governing system access, data
access and manipulation, and current and future security
- Answer calls and resolves problems for users needing assistance
during assigned shift.
- Fill in as necessary to support other associates in the data
processing department as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to support remote users in multiple site locations
- Comments code and creates related supporting documentation
(i.e., design documents)
- Creates unit test cases and applies these against developed
software or applications to ensure quality
- Debugs software and fixes defects uncovered during the testing
- Provides post-release software and application support,
including incident reporting
- Mentors developers, reviewcode and documents and provides input
and feedback on code and documents created by other developers
- Hands-on design, configuring, coding, testing, and deploying of
- Maintenance and support of applications including performance
tuning and bug fixing.
- Production and End User Support Activities.
- Perform tasks as required by management/supervisory staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Certification preferred but not required
- 4+ years experience in software or applications engineering
and/or technical operations
- Work and/or academic experience building applications using any
of the following:
- Visual Basic, PHP, HTML, CSSCOM+, XML, ASP, and DHTML in an MS
windows DNA, DNN, WIX, Crystal Reports, .NET architecture
- SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience or certified in Sage or other comparable ERP a
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or
equivalent work experience
- Programming Certification preferred but not required
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environment
- Mental Effort
- Communicate with diverse population
- Organizes others work
- Evaluate stores performance
- Physical Requirements
- Stands and walks/moves to different locations as needed
- Working Conditions
- Retail environment with exposure to warehouse environment with
moving mechanical equipment
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required.
Keywords: Standard Calibrations, Inc., Chesapeake , Application Programmer, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!