Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Chesapeake
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ80016
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
AA/AS; 1+ years of experience
Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies
electronic developmental and production equipment, parts,
components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
Experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of naval or
marine hull, mechanical, or electrical systems is highly desired,
- Assemble, install, remove, repair and troubleshoot connectors
(both copper and fiber) and cables.
- Able to read equipment installation drawings and cable run
- Able to write various reports, document troubleshooting process
and update project schedules using MS Office applications and email
using MS Outlook.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing project status,
problems, solutions and lessons learned.
- Able to work productively within a team while in a changing and
challenging shipboard environment.
- Perform wide variety of complex activities associated with
installing, maintaining and servicing
electrical/electronic/mechanical equipment under limited
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Install, maintain, repair, overhaul, troubleshoot, modify and
test various types of electrical, electronic and/or mechanical
equipment and related devices.
- Apply technical knowledge of electronic principles in order to
put equipment in operational condition and solve problems.
- Candidates must be experienced in the use of various types of
general purpose electrical/electronics and data test
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions using specialized test
and diagnostic equipment.
- Make recommendations for improvements or modifications to
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and
boxes up to 75 lbs.
- Travel (within and outside of the continental United States)
Maybe required for 20% of the time
Must be able to obtain all necessary badges (DBIDS and
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Chesapeake
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected