Company: Carter Lumber Inc
Location: Point Harbor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
A Kempsville Shipping and Receiving Clerk is primarily
responsible for shipping and receiving products in the warehouse.
Verifies the material received against the checklist and records
any damages or shortages. A strong belief in the mission and goals
of the company are necessary to this position.
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment is
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of a variety of tools
- Ability to do repetitious work
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Unloads in-bound freight, verifies the material matches the
order and records any damages or shortages. Obtains driver's
signature on bill of lading. Prepares material to be transported to
- Adheres to safety requirements by operating equipment and
handling material in a safe and appropriate manner. Acknowledges
and reports any defects or safety issues to supervisor immediately.
Completes required safety training.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. regularly and without assistance;
occasionally up to 100 lbs
- Stooping and bending at the waist
- Occasional kneeling and crawling
- Pushing and pulling items of various weights and sizes multiple
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Keywords: Carter Lumber Inc, Chesapeake , Shipping/Receiving Coordinator, Other , Point Harbor, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!