Company: Woolpert, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Civil CAD Technician
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture,
engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to
clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative
technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently
certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work. We
believe great companies are built from exceptional people and
amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking a dynamic Water Design
CAD Technician in our Chesapeake, VA office.
This person will be drafting conceptual to final construction
drawings for multiple groups, as they are a shared service. On a
daily basis, this person will be focusing on projects related to
sanitary sewer, water, and stormwater drainage systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use of AutoCAD Civil3D (and other CAD related software) to
perform accurate drafting and annotation for plans and details
- Understand and apply federal, state, and client specifications
and verbal instructions to complete assignments
- Coordinate with Project Manager and Project Engineer to ensure
client specific demands are being met
- Complete construction plan sets by compiling all plan and
profile drawings, notes and details to present a comprehensive
- Complete redlines for modification of existing plans and notes
or preparation of new details or design elements
- Review record drawings to ensure that field and technical data
is properly indicated on the drawings
- Quality control assistance of client specific deliverables
according to standards and best practices
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree or technical degree in Drafting/Designing or
- 3+ years of AutoCAD experience within the civil industry,
preferably with public utility design, residential / commercial
site design, etc.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D is required
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 is preferred
- Knowledge of GIS software is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in written, mathematical, or diagram form and work
with abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and excel in a
multidiscipline project team environment.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing in a
- Experience with the design of coastal water, sanitary sewer,
and storm drainage systems is preferred
- Experience assisting with coordination of private utility and
agency approvals is preferred
Keywords: Woolpert, Inc., Chesapeake , CAD Technician, Other , chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!