As a part of our continued growth, LKQ is looking for a
dedicated Cross Dock Driver -CDL Class A. The Cross Dock Driver --
CDL Class A will deliver company transfers and customer orders. In
this role you may be responsible for manually loading and unloading
the truck. The Cross Dock Driver -CDL Class A may also be
responsible for verifying products and obtaining confirmation
signatures from receiving location. This role would require
compliance with established company policies and procedures.
Drives and safely operates a truck with a gross vehicle weight
capacity greater than 10,001 lbs to deliver company transfers and
customer orders, may include manual load/unload truck, verifies
products, obtains confirmation signatures from receiving location,
and travels to and/or from the warehouse or cross dock location.
Must be open to work nighttime schedule. *(Gross vehicle weight
refers to either (a) the actual weight of the vehicle, inclusive of
cargo, or (b) the gross vehicle weight rating, which is assigned by
Essential Job Duties:
· Drives truck to transfer product between locations, wholesaler
and drop box locations in outlying markets. Transportation of
product is usually made over long distances via interstate,
crossing state lines. Driver may operate within state lines but
product continues to travel outside state lines once delivered to
· Picks up truck at the warehouse/cross dock and may load truck
according to safety standards and to ensure product integrity.
Verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other
paperwork associated with the delivery.
· Drives to the destination and may physically unload the truck,
verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location
confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those
received and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the
· Makes proper notations on the manifest, or provides credit
memos on parts being returned to the locations, wholesalers and
· Picks up stock purchase orders or buy out purchase orders from
vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and bring parts back to
· Maintains all DOT driver logs of hours and related
· Goes through check-in process when returning to the location
to verify parts and paperwork.
· May turn in all paperwork to the Accounting Department after
· Complies with established company policies and procedures.
· Initiate and support the continual improvement of Keystone
Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
· Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education,
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Education & Experience:
· Two years of commercial driving and warehouse related
experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties,
nature of work performed, procedures and work methods.
· Accredited commercial driving school certificate, CDL Class A
· Forklift certified, beneficial.
· Must be fully DOT qualified, possess a valid driver's license
with the proper endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle of at
least 10,001 lbs or greater, and have an acceptable driving
· Must meet the Department of Transportation's testing and
· Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the state minimum age
requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.
· Must be able to apply knowledge of commercial driving
regulations and area roads.
· Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
· Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work
· Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
· Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules,
· Must be familiar with the company's products, and warehouse
methods, techniques and procedures.
· This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their
feet except when operating machinery, or Company vehicle.
· Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be
afraid of heights.
· They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push,
pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds
· They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand
heights of more than 15 feet.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office
· Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels,
and occasional inclement driving conditions.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and
· The noise level in the work environment is moderately
· Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart,
ladder, Company vehicle, personal computer and telephone.
· High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
· Some college coursework is desired.
Decision Making Examples:
* Ensure truck is always operated in a safe manner * Ensure
safety of loading and unloading truck * Verifies condition of
truck, assess for any needed repairs
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected