Hospice Rapid Response Registered Nurse | Virginia
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
You'll join a mission-driven company dedicated to innovation,
growth and supporting our frontline caregivers with the best and
most up-to-date resources available so they can do what they do
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Hospice Rapid Response RN - Travel to our VA care centers to
assist - may require some overnights* for example you may be
assiting when one of our RNs is on maternity leave or we are
experiencing growth in an area.
We have offices in Williamsburg, Chesapeake, Richmond, Midlothian,
Charlottesville and Roanoke - this will be the second Rapid
Response RN and we would prefer someone who can cover East VA
What You Will Do -
The HSP Rapid Response RN manages the overall care of assigned
patients by coordinating and providing nursing assessments,
planning, and care to maximize the comfort and heath of patients
and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
This role assesses, utilizes critical thinking, and delivers care
to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning,
interventions, implementation, and evaluation. This role also
effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and
interdisciplinary team members while maintaining standards of
professional nursing and clinical competency. The HSP Rapid
Response RN is required to extensively travel throughout the
company on a regular basis to provide patient care to agencies in
need of permanent staff.
*internal, 3rd party or rehires within one year are not eligible
for a sign on bonus
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the agency for
patient care. Has received specialty program education and has
completed satisfactory competency.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in
condition or environment to the clinical manager/physician and
other members of the health care team.
- Performs initial nursing assessment on new admissions and
completed initial plan of care. Coordinates the total Plan of Care
and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with
appropriate staff. Revises plan of care as needed. Completes
updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates
changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and contractors
providing patient care.
- Initiates appropriate palliative nursing procedures.
Administers medications and treatments as written in the patient's
plan of care.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patients' needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
- Participates in nursing service evaluations, follow up and
agency performance improvement initiatives, and period quality
- Initiates, plans, and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
- Trains and orients new nurses to policies, processes, and
- Assists in assigning LPN and Hospice Assistants to individual
- Actively participates in team/care conferences.
- Protects, honors and respects patient and co-worker
confidentiality and right to privacy.
- Adheres to agency and company policies and procedures
- Maintains agency property, supplies and equipment per Amedisys
- Teaches patient families or caregivers appropriate patient care
- Keeps abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill
requirements of the position and agency policy.
- Travels extensively throughout the company on a regular basis
to provide patient care to agencies in need of permanent
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have
one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in
other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in
a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a registered nurse
in hospice or home health.
- Current CPR certification.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements
relative to age specific needs.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet;
e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting
programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation
buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services
and online training programs.
- Able to travel 100% of the time throughout the company by
plane, train, or automobile.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Company-Paid Life Insurance for You and Your Dependents
- Additional Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefit
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Chesapeake , Hospice Rapid Response Registered Nurse | Virginia, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!