Posted on: September 11, 2021
Oversee the fulfillment of logistics requirements for a multi-site
area within a region. Responsible for the
deployment and execution of site logistics strategies, as well as
maintaining an effective working relationship
with key logistics carriers to maximize the Flowserve Logistics
capabilities and Transformation plan.
Work with Regional Business Units to develop and lead
transportation commodity teams in establishing
agreements with optimal suppliers to leverage purchasing power
while producing cost savings, process
improvements, and improved supplier performance.
Within the named region(s) of responsibility, the role holder
- Implement processes and procedures at the site level to achieve
the strategic vision of the Global Logistics Director, and
- Promote and provide training on the Logistics Playbook and
ensure “Rules of Engagement” are executed and
- Assist at the site level with the freight payment process (in
collaboration with Third Party / Shared Services) and liaison
with Mihlfeld and Associates (M&A) where required.
- Execute the Communication Plan through routine calls and
- Analyze spend and movement and develop improvement plans.
- Ensure on-time reporting data.
- Provide oversight of all transportation services and modes both
international and domestic to assist the site in achieving
- Conduct training (as needed) on all logistics requirements:
Project Management, Process
- Improvement, Negotiation, Sourcing, Metrics Reporting,
INCOTERMS, “Lost Profit” and Revenue
- Recognition – to Site Logistics teams.
- Support the sites with all required Negotiation, Sourcing,
Metrics Reporting, INCOTERMS, and Revenue Recognition as
- Manage the escalation process to resolve logistics issues
- Ability to understand and standardize carrier tracking reports
to ensure commitments are met.
- Ensure continuous improvement against the logistics key
performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure adherence to the logistics policies at the site
- Monthly Accountabilities to include the reporting of spend &
savings in a timely manner.
- Participating in the monthly conference call showcasing spend,
savings, lost opportunity pend and updates on 4 major relevant
savings targets plus corporate slides showing an enterprise
- Ensure all ethics, compliance, and site safety training is
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to understand and utilize analytical skills.
- Project Management and Implementation skills.
- Establish credibility and ensure effective efficient logistics
- Logistics market intimacy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proven demonstration of creating strong cross-functional
- Ability to analyze and create meaningful & concise critical
data into reports.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities accordingly.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative team
- High energy and performance level.
- 4-year college degree in a Logistics related discipline or
3 years of Logistics related experience with a High School
diploma or GED
Keywords: Flowserve, Chesapeake , Logistics Specialist, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!