Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWhy work for Waste Management?
-The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck. -$5,000 Sign-On
Bonus -for Experienced Technicians$7,000 Sign-On Bonus -for
Experienced Technicians -with one or more years of -WASTE INDUSTRY
-Experience!We are Committed to your Growth: -100% tuition paid for
you and your familyWe are People First: -We foster an environment
where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seenWe are Stable:
-Our employees are home every day and perform essential and
meaningful workWe are Investing in You: -Amazing Medical, Dental &
Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day
Care, and more!About the JobUnder general supervision, performs
preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs
vehicles and equipment.What You'll be doingTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. -
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures. -What does it take to be a Diesel
Mechanic with WM?The requirements listed below are representative
of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical. -Work EnvironmentListed below are key points regarding
environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
often;Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.WM
BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site. -About Waste ManagementWaste
Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of
comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We
are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence,
professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million
customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal
markets throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production pr -If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, Chesapeake , Diesel Mechanic, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!