Material Expeditor II
Company: Prism Maritime
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Position Title: Material Expeditor IIWork
Location: Chesapeake, VAFLSA Status: Full-Time,
Summary of duties – The Material Expeditor II will support all
aspects of logistical and material readiness requirements under
minimal supervision. Provide support for logistics planning and
material handling requirements. The Material Expeditor II will be
responsible for requisitioning materials/services, locating and
tracking current status of materials from the initial request
through the final receipt and dispensation to projects as
pre-determined by schedules and priorities. This individual will
act as a liaison between the Program Manager, the Purchasing
Department and Receiving Department ensuring the timely delivery of
project materials. Reviews documents such as SIDS, LAR, CDR, CORN,
to develop material requisitions and material status reports for
each project detailing late, due, long lead time, critical and
emergent materials with order status and estimated delivery dates.
Identify potential delays or issues and notify the respective
Program Manager. Specific description of duties:
- Proven work experience as a Material Expeditor II or similar
- Review SIDS, LAR, CDR, and/or CORN's to determine material
- Research Vendors to purchase material and/or services.
- Create material requisitions to include CostPoint entry.
- Prepare shipments based on materials ordered, verify part and
quantities match the drawings.
- Provide direct support to Project Managers.
- Keep status reports updated.
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested
by management to assist in accomplishing the organization's
mission, objectives, and goals. Additional Skills and other Notes:
- Manages the real time tracking of all materials and
shipping/delivery requirements for installation support from
pre-award, award, installation, completion and close out of the
project to include the return and disposition of excess
- Tracks material from order date to acceptance onboard
- Track pre-fabrication from order date to completion to delivery
- Experience in reading SIDs of electrical and mechanical.
- Build material lists based upon drawings and other
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred, but not required
- 4 – 6 years' experience required
- Good communication skills written and verbal.
- One-year Deltek CostPoint experience.
- Experience in purchasing / material procurement desired.
- Experience in preparing shipments / assembling kits Security
- Clearance up to secret level may be
required.Physical/Environmental Job Requirements:
Physical requirements include the following:
- Lifting/moving up to and including 25 pounds Company
Overview:Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider
for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related
Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism
Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake,
VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006,
Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and
maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all
interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or
veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by
federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment with us, please email email@example.com
or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers> Job
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you
must re-apply to still be considered for this position.
Keywords: Prism Maritime, Chesapeake , Material Expeditor II, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!