PCA- part time
Company: CB Homecare
Location: Elizabeth City
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job DescriptionCBHomeCare/QHSTues, Thurs, & Fri 3pm- 6pmWe are
hiring compassionate, hard working, friendly and reliable PCAs to
work with individuals who need us!CBC's MissionCBC's mission is to
support people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
(I/DD) and their families to achieve their fullest potential by
matching them with the most talented, well-trained, and
compassionate caregivers anywhere.Why work at CBC?The most
important thing we do is strive to make a difference in the lives
of the individuals we serve. It's highly rewarding, and it's why
our company exists! If making a lasting difference in someone's
life is a priority for you and your career goals, then we want to
help you get there. CBC is a growing family of provider agencies
serving individuals across North Carolina and Rode Island. In
addition, CBC offers:
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision,company paid life
insurance, short term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules including full and part time
- Comply with all policies and procedures set out by the Quality
Home Staffing / Community Based Home Care.
- Position is responsible for providing services as assigned by
the RN Field Supervisor in accordance with the individual's
approved service plan.
- The Personal Care Attendant is required to report any
deviations in an individual's functional or medical condition to
the appropriate agency personnel.
- Services must be provided during the assigned schedule for each
- Deviations from the assignment including, but not limited to
the following must be reported to the agency.
- Deviations from the assigned schedule
- Individual declining specific tasks or requesting unassigned
- Individual expecting to be unavailable for a shift or multiple
- Hospitalizations, Rehab, or Facility placement.
- Incidents, accidents or other events that are not aligned with
the individual's plan of care. The Personal Care Assistant, must be
able to demonstrate competence with assigned ADLs and IADLs and
perform these tasks in line with the plan of care. o ADLs may
include, but are not limited to: ▪ Bathing ▪ Dressing ▪ Mobility ▪
Toileting ▪ EatingADLs may include but are not limited to: ▪
Cooking ▪ Cleaning ▪ Shopping ▪ Transportation ▪ Escort Companion
or Sitter services, as assigned in the care plan
- If additional services are requested, the PCA must notify the
RN Field Supervisor for further instruction.
- The PCA may not negotiate additional tasks, service location,
or schedule changes directly with the individual. The office must
be notified for any alterations, failure to do so may result in
- Be present for Supervisory Visits to be performed by RN Field
Supervisor as required.
- Accurately report time and attendance by branch office.
- Time and attendance must be logged in via timesheets, or EVV,
as required by payer or Quality Home Staffing.
- Required documenting and reporting as assigned by RN Field
Supervisor ● Immediately report concerns of Abuse, Neglect or
Exploitation to the office ● Cell phones may not be used during
assignment, unless approved for EVV services, as instructed
- Report planned absences to the office as soon as possible so
the scheduled outage may be reassigned to another PCA.
- Be an advocate for individuals needing other community services
or a high level of care.
- Dress appropriately and professionally.
- Wear nametag at all times during assignment
- For infection control purposes, Personal Protective Equipment
must be used appropriately during assignment.
- Comply with rules and requirements with specific programs, as
assigned ● Other duties, as assigned. Qualifications
- High school graduate of equivalent
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- An individual's criminal history check complying with 6.0
Clinical Coverage Policy 3L.
- Do not have a finding on the North Carolina Health Care
Registry in accordance with G.S.131E256
- Experience in Home and Community Based Services, preferred. ●
Current Tb Skin Test
- Desire to help those at home
- Professional demeanor and appearance. ● Have reliable
transportation and proof of current automobile insurance. ● Can
demonstrate competence providing assigned tasks
Keywords: CB Homecare, Chesapeake , PCA- part time, Other , Elizabeth City, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!