Personnel Security Specialist
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Personnel Security Specialist Chesapeake , VA Share Posted 10
days ago Apply NowProcessing...Email Job Apply
NowProcessing...Email Job Job DescriptionKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate preliminary suitability review at the time of security
- Review, analyze, and evaluate results of investigations to
recommend employment, suitability/fitness, credentialing, and/or
security clearance eligibility to a government adjudicator.
- Summarize investigative issues on the adjudicator worksheet,
recommend approval/disapproval, and annotate pertinent suitability
factors and security guidelines, as applicable.
- Corroborate or mitigate serious derogatory information.
- Determine if additional inquiries are necessary to resolve
discrepant, negative, or contradictory information and request such
inquiries in accordance with DCMS-34 policies and procedures,
processing completed responses expeditiously.
- Formulate a recommended course of action consistent with
adjudicative guidelines or suitability factors.
- Update the security tracking system with the status of assigned
- Prepare letters for Federal signature to caution or to grant,
deny or revoke national security eligibility conforming to
templates and following correspondence standards.
- Analyze responses from subjects and make final recommendations
based on suitability and security criteria
- Review internal record checks to determine if there are any
open internal cases which may have a bearing on the employee's
background investigation and include the information in the
- Enter all required data into the Personnel Security Systems
accurately with zero errors.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years minimum of previous experience adjudicating personnel
security background investigations for eligibility and suitability
for federal government employment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Master's degree preferred
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and
Outlook Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilitiesCLEARANCE
- US Citizenship required.
- Currently hold or ability to obtain Secret level clearanceAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, or protected veteran status. Our company takes
affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in
employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected
veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Our company maintains a
drug-free workplace. All offers of employment will be contingent on
applicant passing a pre-employment drug screen. Read More
Keywords: PSI, Chesapeake , Personnel Security Specialist, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!