Company: Dollar Tree Stores
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Summary of Position (Job Purpose) - Major purpose and functions
of the position.Position supports construction project managers by
providing word-processing, clerical and order processing services
for construction projects. This position will serve as the first
line of communication for the contractors and vendors in the field
with regards to delivery dates and responses to traffic/delivery
issues. Position will interact with vendors, contractors and Dollar
Tree field personnel on a regular basis. Performs specialized task
assignments on an as needed basis. The ability to deal with many
types of individual personalities, needs, and requests, while
maintaining a professional attitude is a key to succeeding in this
role.Principal Duties and Responsibilities - Primary
responsibilities listed in order of importance
- Support project managers by providing clerical and order
processing support for construction projects.
- Communicate with contractors and vendors in the field regarding
delivery dates and response to traffic/delivery issues.
- Interact with vendors, contractors and Dollar Tree
- Communicate with Construction Project Managers regarding issues
that affect Construction timetable.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks to to help ensure completion of
projects and support Store Design and Construction Department as
- Perform support for system process for General Contractor
bidding (bid variance reports)Minimum Requirements/Qualifications -
Summary of knowledge, experience and education required.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced
- Minimum required typing speed of 45 wpm
- Extensive experience in word-processing, spreadsheet and
web-based software applications
- Strong business writing skills, [efficient] effective
communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Excellent phone skills and solid clerical skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a strong team
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work
independently and within a team
- Must possess a high degree of organizational skills with the
ability to effectively prioritize projects
- Must have the ability to recognize the need for action and
quickly arrive at accurate decisions Desired Qualifications -
Desired but not required.
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Construction type clerical backgroundThis is not to be
considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or
added to as needed.
Keywords: Dollar Tree Stores, Chesapeake , CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!