Company: Bering Straits Native Corporation
Posted on: September 22, 2022
SUMMARY -Bering Global Solutions, LLC, a subsidiary of Bering
Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified Boiler
Tender for our contract at the NSA Northwest Annex in Chesapeake,
VA.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESThe Essential Duties and
Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the
range of duties performed for this position, and are -not -intended
to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be
- Maintain and clean fuel tanks and distribution lines, removing
corrosion and repainting surfaces; overhauling vacuum and pressure
vents, floating roof seals, hangers, and roof sumps.
- Maintain record of inspections and repairs. Log various aspects
of boiler operation to include cleaning, oiling, and minor
- Tends to one or more boilers to produce steam or
high-temperature water for use in an establishment.
- Fires boilers, observes and interprets readings on gauges,
meters, and charts which register various aspects of boiler
operation and adjusts controls to ensure safe and efficient boiler
- Performs preventative maintenance on standby generators on
- Repair condensate pumps and steam and condensate piping
associated with boiler systems.
- Analyze boiler water for acidity, causticity, and
- Repair fuel storage and distribution systems using hand and
power tools; testing instruments.
- Inspects fuel receiving, storage, and distribution facilities
to detect and correct leakage, corrosion, faulty fittings, and
malfunction of mechanical units, meters, and gauges.
- Inspects electrical wiring, switches, and controls for safe
operating condition, grounding, and adjustment, lubricates and
- Circulate pumps and feed water piping on boiler and compressed
- Lubricates pumps, replaces gaskets, seals and corrects pumping
equipment misalignment, and cleans strainers and filters.
- Service water separators, checks meters for correct delivery
and calibration, and overhauls system components such as pressure
regulations valves and excess valves.
- Disassembles, adjusts, aligns, and calibrates gauges and meters
or replaces them, removes and installs equipment such as filters
and piping to modify system or repair and replace system
component.QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND
CERTIFICATIONTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3rd -class facility operating engineer license
- 2 years' experience as a facility maintenance mechanic
-Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to complete the essential duties and responsibilities
of the job. -Preferred
- N/A -PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS -The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must
maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -Essential and
marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition
necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for
prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and/or hear;
taste or smell. Lifting and/or move objects weighing 50-75 pounds
is required. -WORK ENVIRONMENT -Work Environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be borne by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. -Job is performed in hot and or cold environments, either
indoors or outside. Shift work is necessary. -SUPERVISORY
- No supervisory responsibilities. -ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING
FACTORSAs a condition of employment, may be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference
and background check results to obtain access to military base.
Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must
be able to obtain access to military installations. -Shareholder
Preference. - -BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention
preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and
shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the
job. -Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/
AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer. -We participate in the
E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free
Keywords: Bering Straits Native Corporation, Chesapeake , Boiler Tender, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!