Information System Security Engineer
Company: VT Group (VTG)
Posted on: March 16, 2023
VTG is seeking an Information System Security Engineer to support
the United States Navy's Undersea Warfare (USW) System.
What will you do?
- Utilize diverse skillset to configure and secure Windows and
Linux systems, supporting the site Information Systems Security
Manager (ISSM) with meeting the Defense Counterintelligence and
Security Agency Risk Management Framework (RMF) initiative.
- Build, configure and apply security baselines (e.g. STIG's) to
various technologies such as Windows and Linux.
- Conduct weekly security audits on information systems and
- Operate software programs such as Tenable Nessus and SCAP to
detect information system misconfigurations and
- Perform continuous monitoring security assessments and document
compliance in accordance with NIST 800-53 requirements.
- Perform and manage the security awareness training/
- Detect cyber security incidents and escalate
- Respond and provide resolution to helpdesk and incident and
- Conduct backups and restoration of information systems.
- Meet project deadlines a requested by the ISSM. Do you have
what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years related experience in Information
Systems, Computer Science or related field or a Master's degree
with 4 years of related experience.
- Security+ CE or other approved DoD 8570.01-M baseline
- Strong experience with information security, supporting
processes and procedures.
- Certifications in MCP or Linux+.
- Experience with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security
Agency Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM).
- Clearance: Secret
Keywords: VT Group (VTG), Chesapeake , Information System Security Engineer, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...