Deskside Services Support
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis /
resolution via telephone/email/chat for customers end users
Classify Service Calls according to the specified options.
- Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff
using knowledge base articles.
- Coordinate with level 2 and 3 and support staff that provide
hardware / software / network problem resolution.
- Use the ServiceNow to document and manage problems and work
requests and their respective resolutions and
- Responds to telephone calls, email, instant messages, and
assigned tickets from incident dispatchers; Assign work orders /
incidents to appropriate support teams if necessary and follow up
- Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with
users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation,
resolution, and follow-up steps
- Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity
problems remotely using Bomgar
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and
- Participate in on-going training and departmental
- Maintain quality standards for incident documentation and phone
- Thorough knowledge of troubleshooting remote access
- Excellent communication skills, (active listening
- Able to articulate and speak with clear voice.
- Diplomatic and must have interpersonal skills.
- Able to understand the businesss objectives.
- Able to understand and accept that the Customers issues affect
the business and that without the Customer there is no support
department and that the Customer is an expert in their own
- Must have empathy with end users.
- Team player.
- Professional code of conduct.
- Must have a good understanding of the organization.
- Must have basic technical knowledge of all technology used for
the business processes.
- Able to deal with stress.
- Accept & registers Service Calls.
- Classify Service Calls according to the specified
- Execute 1st attempt to solve the Service Call.
- Refer Service Call to the appropriate Resolution Owner Support
- Tracks the progress of an owned Service Call during the entire
lifecycle (from start to end, register to close) to ensure that it
is resolved within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) and
updates Service Call records if necessary.
- (Note: is responsible that the solution is created but is not
necessarily responsible for the solution itself).
- Escalate to the appropriate management level when thresholds
- Close Service Call.
- Communication (internally / externally) about Service Calls,
e.g., communicates the status of the Service Call directly with the
customer or broadcasts to a larger audience as defined per
- Report about Service Calls.
- Communicate response times for dispatched tickets to the
- Manage the entire service request process ensuring adherence to
- Execute service requests such as setting up NT/Outlook accounts
as per the SLA
- Process and send IT reports.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years of Technical helpdesk or technical call center
experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem-solving skills
- Hands-on work experience with the following:
- Windows Operating systems
- Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows
- Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, Client Service Center,
client Service Center, and ServiceNow.
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar,
WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools.
- MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel,
MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio.
- Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
- Current experience with troubleshooting VPN and remote dial-in
- Support for laptop, desktops, printers, and apple
- Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications
like Winzip, etc
- Experience with troubleshooting VOIP issues.
- Understanding how to read and collect log files for
- Experience with remotely installing software using
- Helpdesk: 1 year (Required).
- 2 years of remote troubleshooting experience.
- 1 year of call center experience.
- Current A+ certificate or relevant hands-on experience.
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Chesapeake , Deskside Services Support, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...